1. I'm part Mexican. Don't let my white skin fool you, hombre. My great grandma was a 100% Mexican lady who married a gringo. Actually, she had three sisters and my great grandpa had three brothers and the three sisters each married a brother. Crazy, right? Anyway, I blame my love for all things tortilla, green chile, and salsa related on this heritage of mine.
2. I always try to sit either in an aisle or in the exit row on an airplane. I'm a bit claustrophobic, but the main reason is that if that plane goes down, I want a direct path out of there. I don't want to be stuck trying to climb over people because I was napping by the dang window.
3. I've got quite the history of motion sickness. Off the top of my head, I can think of hurling in 6 states and 3 countries. Yep. I'm the girl you want to travel with for sure.
4. There are few smells in the world that I like more than a mixture of sawdust and revive (a hair and skin conditioner that we use on livestock before a show). It automatically takes me back to my showing days and makes me simultaneously nervous and excited like I'm about to enter the show ring. My brother and his friend were talking about this same thing once and he said, "You know, if a girl showed up for a date and wore revive instead of perfume, I'd marry her on the spot." Apparently it's an ag kid thing.
5. I was the fourth best chicken judger in America in high school. Mind you, my family didn't raise chickens, rarely ate chicken, and I touched one until we went to judge them at the National FFA Convention.
6. In Poland, I stood line to kneel before the remains of St. Faustina and even kissed a glass case that holds one of her bones. Everyone before me and everyone behind me kissed it too. It was really gross from a hygienic perspective, but I figured that she's a saint and wouldn't let me die of some loathsome disease contracted there. Plus, when in Poland....
7. I faint when medical procedures are done to me. I know this happens to other people like when blood is taken, but for me it's much worse. Blood being taken, eye doctor puts drops in my eye, cast being cut off my foot, one time just my blood pressure being taken. It's not pretty.
8. I went to more proms in high school than I went on other dates. Not sure what to think about that really.
9. I almost drowned white water rafting in Costa Rica. You can read the whole story here. When another boat pulled me out of the water, there was a lady who was crying and just kept saying, "I thought you were dead, I thought you were dead" and her husband, a doctor, said, "What was it like? Did you see a bright light?" Only me.
10. I've got a serious obsession with eating raw cookie dough. I know it's bad for me. I could die of food poisoning or get really, really fat, but I just don't care. I really don't.