This is going to be some quick randomness today...because as you know, I'm currently on a plane headed for Chicago for a little mini-vacay! See ya Monday, friends!
Today I'm linking up with Sarah for Inspiration Friday!
1. How proud am I of my dear Baby Cousin? And how darn adorable is he?? He's currently 21 years old and in Arizona pitching at Spring Training. Not bad, huh? He's with the Giants organization and he has been working really hard in the off season. Word on the street is that his pitching has really improved over the winter! (Probably thanks to pitching to me over Thanksgiving!) Two of my friends are headed out to watch some ball this weekend and I may or may not have sent a sign for them to hold up and instructed them to cheer like maniacs for Baby Cousin. He may or may not be excited....
2. For over a year now, it's been one of my goals to write something that made my friend Crazy Canadian's quote ticker on her blog. Well, over 500 blogs later, I finally accomplished my goal. Check it out...I made the ticker!
The quote comes from this blog all about responses to people asking me my all-time favorite question.
3. As much as I love blogging, sometimes it can sort of make me depressed about my life. You know, when you see people with their perfect husband and amazing house and dream job and vacations all over the world, you can think, "what the heck am I doing with my life?" Well yesterday Jenni posted the following quote that I absolutely love: “The danger comes when you look around and see everyone else’s best and think it’s their always.” Um...wow. It's so true. We look at other people's lives and we see what they put out there for us to see--their best. We don't see their always and realize that they go to work and some days that sucks and sometimes they are too tired to hang up their clothes after work and they leave them in the middle of the floor, and they eat wheat thins for dinner some nights...just like me!
4. I've been loving everyone's photos of State Tournament that have been posted on facebook all week. I thought I'd share one of the craziest ones with you:
What a disaster that was huh? Please note the ref calling no foul. As I told someone yesterday, the upside of this was that my friend #13 didn't foul out of this game...so on balance, I'm okay with the no call!
5. Y'all know those "Keep Calm and Carry On" posters that are everywhere? Well there is an amazing story behind the posters. They were created during World War II by the British government to try and keep spirits up in the face of such a horrible time. Apparently the poster was saved for invasion or other very serious events and was actually never used during the war. It was not until a few years ago a bookstore owner found an old box of the posters and hung one up that they became known. And now they are all over the world. So goes that "one man's junk" saying, huh? To see the whole story, click here.
6. Yesterday, my friend Blonde Oklahoma Girl wrote a beautiful blog about why she participates in Relay for life. As I've mentioned before, I met the Oklahoma Girls through our mutual friend, Pink Boots. Four years ago yesterday, she lost her battle with cancer. Blonde Oklahoma Girl is out to make a difference...for our friend and for all of those who are battling cancer today. If you want to be inspired today, read her blog.