Is it really only Wednesday? I don't know about y'all, but I've had a weeks worth of crap already! To attempt to have an optimistic attitude, let's focus on some things I'm loving this week, shall we? (Check out the other bloggers and their loves here.)
1. This challenge from The Crazy Canadian. Since Leap Day comes only every four years, she challenges people to write a letter to themselves or to make a list of 10 things you hope to accomplish by 2016. Then, you save the letter and open it in 4 years. I'm totally in!
3. My BFF. And the fact that we can have a conversation in which he compliments me, and that basically ends with him suggesting that I go to a foreign country to get a boob job. And that I didn't even blink--par for the course with us. I think that's how you know that you really can talk to someone about anything!
4. A fantastic blog by Ashley at Run With Me asking some great questions.
5. This amazing song. It's called My Best Friend's a Girl. It's my new current favorite. And BFF's Baby Brother has been instructed to learn it for my future wedding. I need to hurry up and get married so that the list of songs that he has to learn doesn't continue to grow making it a 4 hour wedding!
6. That we have now officially booked our tropical summer vacation to.....drumroll please...Costa Rica! That's right....for a glorious week in May the Blonde Oklahoma Girl, The Bride, Cousin Swiss Mister and I will be headed south for some fun in the sun. I'll have more details on this tomorrow and will be asking for advice from you all about what to do if you've been. (Pease note this is in no way related to item number 1 on the list. Just so we're clear.) 7. This quote below by Ryan Gossling. He hit that nail right on the head if you ask me! Of course, when the guy who is saying this looks like Ryan Gossling, does it sort of kill the effectiveness? 8. This Means War. Went and saw this movie over the weekend with College Roomie and one of her cousins. I thought it was super cute. I'd die to have two boys that looked like that fighting over me. Shoot, forget two, I'd take one. And forget fighting over me, I'd settle for knowing one in real life and stalking him! My favorite line from the movie came from the one and only Chelsea Handler: "Don't pick the better guy. Pick the guy who makes you the better girl."
9. This blog by a man who was recently diagnosed with cancer asking what are your regrets, and what are you waiting for? I don't know him, but he's friends with Cousin Swiss Mister. He says, "Wow, I am 46 years old, in good health, run 4 miles a day, read my Bible and I have cancer? One of my initial thoughts was… what are my regrets? The first thing that came to mind was that I have lived life to this point with a governor on my engine. At times I feel as if I haven’t gone 100%. Instead of diving into the moment I have throttled back and cautiously considered why I shouldn’t…"