Saturday, September 5, 2009

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!!

"For southern girls, a football game is just like church. We get dressed up in our finest outfits (or our team's colors), prepare a big lunch for family and friends, scream like the holy spirit is upon us and spend several hours praying for a miracle." -Southern Girls Guide to Life

It's after midnight and I can't sleep. I'm like a kid waiting for Santa. I am sure it comes as a shock to no one....but I'm a college football fanatic! Seriously....I love it. Knowing that for the next 3 months I will get to watch games every Saturday makes me soooo excited! And I'm not prejudice.....(I mean of course I am.....GO POKES!!)....as I will watch any game, any time, I don't even care who is playing. I just love the game!

It's a big game in Stillwater this weekend......#9 OSU v. #13 Georgia. This great shirt is being sold....it says "Beat Georgia.....and the UGAly mutt they brought with them. Welcome to Stillwater!"

There was even an article about us in the New York Times....fancy!! http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/05/sports/ncaafootball/05okstate.html

So everyone put on your ORANGE today and cheer on the COWBOYS!! (Game is on ABC at 1:30 MST)

2 comments:

crystal.cattle said...

Love those shirts! I am headed to Manhattan for the K-State game. We are welcoming back our old coach. This year might be a little shaky for us. So I am probably going to be pulling for O-State too. Keep it land grant right!

www.cdycattle.blogspot.com

Tiffany said...

Well I fear that the Georgia game may have been our only moment of glory---the wheels have totally fallen off the wagon! Good thing we made shirts! :) I LOVE Coach Snyder---I always go for K-State....well, unless they are playing OSU. :)