I know, I know. It's Friday. And I don't have a Family Farm blog. Please don't yell...cough cough...Mom and Loud Oklahoma Girl....cough cough. Because it's July 1, this post had to be today. Blame the calendar, not the messenger.
Well folks, it’s the end of June. That means we are halfway through this year. (Despite the many people who blogged about the year being half over on June 1...that was not the case. Trust me....I double checked my math.)
I heard this question asked a while back and I've thought about it ever since. "What if we lived every day as though it were New Year's Day?"
I love New Year’s Day. For the football, obviously. No, more than that, I love the feeling of a clean slate---the promise of a brand new year to do what you want and make the changes that you desire in your life.
What is crazy is that each new day gives us that same opportunity. But we don’t look at it that way, or at least I don’t. Sure, I don’t drink champagne every night at midnight, and I don’t wear a stupid hat to ring in the new-ness of tomorrow.
What is crazy is that each new day gives us that same opportunity. But we don’t look at it that way, or at least I don’t. Sure, I don’t drink champagne every night at midnight, and I don’t wear a stupid hat to ring in the new-ness of tomorrow.
But what if I adopted an attitude that was like New Year’s Day every day? That every day was a day to start over---to make new decisions, to try new things, to start something I've had on my to-do list. I wonder what I could accomplish and what changes I could make if I took this approach. I think that if I intentionally took this approach, I might find that I dont have to wait for January to start beomcing the person I want to be.
I like this idea. And today seems like a pretty darn good day to start!
5 comments:
Good thoughts this morning.
I like the idea of starting the day with champagne...make that a mimosa.
Happy New Day!
-College Roomie
Happy New Year! :-) Well new day anyway! Hope you have a great one!
This is fabulous! I have a dear friend that I spend every New Years with and this past year it wasn't possible. I am headed 3 states away to visit her in a few weeks and we plan to have a sort of "half-ish new years celebration!"
And it's your cousins birthday :)
Post a Comment