"Somebody ought to tell us, right at the start of our lives, that we are dying. Then we might live life to the limit every minute of every day. Do it, I say, whatever you want to do, do it now.” — Michael Landon
Okay folks, this last week has been such a whirlwind that I can't even put anything coherent together on the blog. I'm headed out tonight for a week in paradise...Costa Rica! Don't worry, I've got some great guest blogs lined up for you while I'm gone. But today, I'm linking up with Miscelleny Monday and Cup Half Full to share lots of random stuff!
1. I spent the weekend in Colorado for GBaby's baptism. It was so much fun and the baptism was beautiful. I'll have a full blog on this once I get back, but for now, here's a snapshot from the big event.
2. I found my future wedding venue. Here she is. Napa Valley, California. Good things happen to me there, you know. Now, in addition to finding a groom (minor detail...), I need to either (a) win the lottery; or (b) convince everyone that it is cool to sit on the floor and pack a sack lunch and dance to music off of someone's iPhone at a wedding since I will not be able to afford anything beyond the building.
3. I absolutely love ND Friend's Kentucky Derby blog. Read it here. My favorite paragraph is the following:
"Not to be too cheesy, but it’s true: much of life often looks a bit like the Kentucky Derby walk-back-to-the-stables. We get a hunch, sentimental details and signs fall into place, we become ever more convinced of what God’s will is, and then we are stuck wearing a stupid hat in the Churchill Downs parking lot, looking up at heaven saying, “Where were you on that one?” The perfect marriage-in-the-making ends in unrequited love, the customized nameplate on the desk somehow has someone else’s John Hancock on it, the acceptance letter got delivered to the wrong house, even the five kids named after obscure saints to be raised as future priests and nuns never arrive. How could this not be your will, God?"
Isn't that the truth? I feel like the girl in a dumb hat a lot of the time when I'm so sure I have things figured out and then...oops....totally wrong. Glad I'm not the only one.
4. Speaking of horse racing, I'll Have Another won the Preakness by a head. Can he win the Belmont in a couple of weeks and be the first Triple Crown winner in decades??
5. This is an absolutely amazing blog by Nicole. Ask yourself her questions? "What if I could go through life with my eyes set straight ahead, confident in who Jesus has made me to be?! What if I could make choices in life not based on what I am afraid others may think, but rather understanding that life is too short to waste NOT doing what I was created for?!"
Shoot dang.....I don't know about y'all, but I think I'll marinade on that baby for a while.
6. Check out this song called "For a Dancer." I love it. Favorite line: "Just do the steps that you've been shown, by everyone you've ever known until the dance becomes your very own."
7. I had been doing really well on my swim suit diet for the last week. Until I totally went off the rails this weekend....Italian food, Seven and Seven, breakfast burrito, ice cream, calzone....I'll be strictly enforcing the NO SWIM SUIT PHOTOS rule in Costa Rica!


6 comments:
PURA VIDA COSTA RICA!!!!!
No worries I blew my diet this weekend to. Not with terribly fating food I just ate every second of every day this weekend. Totally inhaled lots of calories.
Have fun in Costa Rica and drink a cold one for me! You best take lots of pics!
~LOKG
Yay for Costa Rica! Have such a wonderful time and take a ton of pictures. :)
-College Roomie
Costa Rica sounds amazing!! And I just took a look at your outfits in the post below...so fun!!
I love Napa! I went there on my honeymoon and cannot wait to go back someday!
How neat!! Enjoyed the pictures...
Post a Comment