It's Wednesday. Halfway to the weekend. I'm loving some stuff. That's all.
*ONE* This article about OSU Defensive End Cooper Bassett befriending a six year old girl with cancer. Melt. My. Heart. Is this dude single? Because I'd marry him tomorrow. This is what it's all about, folks.
*TWO* Brett-Brett and Mrs. Texas' wedding was featured in Society Bride. Who would have ever though I'd be a bridesmaid in that kind of wedding?? No one. That's who.
![]() |
| There we are...I'm the one who needs to hit up a beach to get a darn tan! |
*FOUR* I've got a blog about the State Fair sheep show coming up, but I don't want to leave out the fact that we raised a steer that made the sale! Not too bad for sheep people playing in the show steer business!
*FIVE* This article about game day in Stillwater from the perspective of opposing fans. Just further proof that Stillwater really is the Happiest Place on Earth. Even opposing teams think so.
*SIX* That my insane travel plans for my 30th birthday next year might actually be doable. Check out this little tour that proves it. The main places on my list are Berlin, Auschwitz, Warsaw and Prague. But if I can throw in Vienna, Budapest, Krakow....well who am I to say no? Anyone want to join me?
*SEVEN* In two weeks, I'm headed to South Bend with two of my favorite ladies to hit up a Notre Dame football game, spend too much money at the ND bookstore, eat some pretzel pancakes and see ND Friend. Could not be more excited! Go Irish!
*EIGHT* This blog with some great step-by-step advice for guys. It's perfect. As a bit of an old fashioned girl, I'm a firm believer in this list! Here are a couple of my favorite paragraphs.
"You tell her. Not in a text. Not even on the phone. You tell her when, and only when, you can see the green in her pupils. The birthmark on her neck. You tell her when your palms are sweaty and your words don’t feel like they hold an ounce of eloquence. You tell her, even when the whole thing could collapse at any moment on any one of your syllables. She might reject you. She might turn away. But you need to say it all the same."
"You recognize. That what you feel is very good. That we– the fleshy messes that we are– were made for these kinds of feelings. The Overwhelming. The Anxiety. The Goodness of Falling in Love. In Finding a Someone Who Soon Becomes Your Only One. You let the feelings own you for a little while, break you down to dust for a girl who weakens your knees in the very best way. You recognize. Not everyone has this. Most people want this. They might be lying if they tell you different. You recognize that it is good, very good. The Best Stuff in Life."







9 comments:
hooray for Wednesday! i seriously love the articles on Cooper and Stillwater!! And that lost - thank you for sharing! It is absolutely perfect.
Your birthday plans sound incredible! hope it works out for you!
Love this blog. However... your link for the tour option is not working so you must email it to me as I'd love to see your plans!
Kristin
First things first... You just tell me when and I am down for your trip. Well assuming this pesky pharmacy school business does not interfere. Lol
Second... Thank you for making me start crying in the middle of the health science library. Not cool, but it was a very sweet story. I think you should try to arrange a meeting on your next OSU trip :)
Third... Congrats on the steer show, but I am looking forward to the sheep show blog! :)
Have a good rest of your week & keep up with the awesome blogs!!
--Pharmer Girl
Stopping by from This Kind of Love link up. Looks like you have a lot to be loving! :) Happy Wednesday.
Your birthday plans are very doable - Budapest and Prague are some of my favorite cities (my dad was born in Budapest and it was refreshing to have people pronounce my last name correctly!). Enjoy the planning :)
what a gorgeous wedding!
Following along! Happy Wednesday! Stop by and say hello!
Is it bad that the one thing I picked up on the most out of this whole thing was pretzel pancakes??
It must be dinner time, lol. They sound like something I needed to experience decades ago.
Congrats on your steer and your breed champ!!
I want to go with you to Europe!! Let's stop by Frankfurt and stay at my Grandmas! Because really, who wants to see Berlin when you could see west Germany! ;)
Post a Comment