Thursday, October 4, 2012

Birthday Letter to BFF

"A friend is someone who lets you have total freedom to be yourself." ~Jim Morrison

Today is my best friend's birthday.

The same best friend I met when I was 10 years old.

Who is hilarious and brilliant and gives the best bear hugs. Who taught me to golf (sort of), to make decisions, and to drink Seven and Seven. The boy who named my couch Snuggles, who did his laundry in my apartment throughout college, and who yelled at me for wrecking my truck because it scared him.  The person who shows up with Oreo ice cream and two spoons on bad days, never misses sending me Valentine's Day flowers, and who asked me to be  a groomsman (I've deemed myself a groomsma'am) in his wedding. The one who talks me off the ledge, encourages me to go after what I want, and is always up for my next crazy plan.
 
I can only hope for all of you that you have a friendship like this in your life.


Dear BFF,
Thank you for being you. And for letting me be me. I never have to worry about what you think about me, because I know that no matter what you think, you're on my side. You might tell me that I'm an idiot or try to convince me to change my mind, but in the end, you're Pro-Tiff....and I can't tell you how much that means to me. No matter what is going wrong, you make it better.  Most of my best memories have you in them.  I couldn't have asked for a better best friend. You make my life more fun, more interesting, more exciting....just more.
I sure do love you, buddy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to the "man of the house" of Casa Mia apt #32. Here's to every time he "put his foot down".

-College Roomie

ty said...

LOVE. THIS.

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday BFF! Everyone should have someone like you in their lives!