Wednesday, March 27, 2013

What I'm Loving Wednesday

"Maybe you'll get everything you ever wished for.  Maybe you'll get more than you ever could have imagined.  Who knows where life will take you."

1.  These girls.  All three of us are good ol' country, Eastern New Mexico girls who have somehow managed to get ourselves stuck in the big city.  Fortunately, it's nothing a little Red Dirt music can't fix.
Out and about for Pharmer Girl's birthday

2.  The NCAA Tournament.  Don't get me wrong here, I'm still irate over the fact that Oklahoma State and UNM sucked it up big time.  And that my bracket is totally hosed.  But as someone who always loves cheering for the underdog, this is my year to love March Madness!  I'm all about Florida Gulf Coast.  They are awesome!

3.  My friend Almost Gypsy Soul.  Do you know what that girl did?  Mailed me 5--count them FIVE--Red Dirt cds.  Yep.  I'm in heaven.  And have not turned off the cd player since they arrived.  And they got here just in time for my upcoming road trip to the new home.  She has cemented favorite friend status for the week.  Maybe the year.  They are that good!

4.  Speaking of music, I'm in love with this song that my blog friend Brianna posted.  Seriously adorable.

"I'm looking for a yes ma'am man, open up the doors, shake my daddy's hand, shootin' 22s at an old tin can, never been ashamed of his two-toned farmer's tan. I'm looking for old tailgate, take me out fishing on our first date, dancing in the kitchen to old George Strait, heart as big as the lone star state."

Amen to that.  And the video of them dancing in the kitchen?  Melt my heart.  Love it.



5.  The quote below from Kid President.  You tell 'em kid!

5 comments:

Jen@Almost Gypsy Soul said...

Love favorite friend status!!! and I love that song so much!, I might have to repost it! Someday I might write my own content on my blog! :) Enjoy the drive!

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to the music on our upcoming roadtrip. I vote we do a flashback CD, then a new red dirt country CD, and so on and so forth. It'll pay tribute to the past and your future as a Texas girl.

I also really like the song you posted!

-College Roomie

Nicole said...

I love that she made you CD's and mailed them! In the age of digital downloads and playlists, this is one thing that my best friend and I still do for each other too! Whenever we visit each other or take a trip somewhere, one of us always has a CD burned with our favorite songs from college. Love it!

Brianne said...

Red dirt music is definitely something that keeps me in the South! I don't know what I would do without it!

Brooke @ Rural Gone Urban said...

I LOVE the kid prez!