Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Stitch Fix

I'm not a shopper.  Or a fashionista.  I spent a decade of my life basically in jeans and a t-shirt.  Part of me kinda misses those days, but this whole "professional job" think kinda kills that idea. 

Anyway, my friend Burrito told me about this thing called Stitch Fix.  You pay $20 and a personal stylist picks out 5 items that they think you might like (you answer questions to help them determine this...) and those 5 items are mailed to you in a box along with style cards that give you ideas of how to wear them and what to pair them with.  You try them on, decide if you want to keep any of them, and ship back anything you don't like in a handy envelope they send you all ready to go.  If you keep something, your $20 goes towards your purchase.  If you keep nothing, you lose your money.

I have to admit, when my first box arrived, it felt like Christmas!  Here were the contents...



I decided to keep the black dress.  Based on the little suggestion card from the stylist, I wore it yesterday with pumps and a red belt.  I was pretty impressed!

Sorry for the mirror picture--my roommate/photographer had to leave at 5 am to
pick up her game tickets for A&M v. Alabama this Saturday!


I seriously can't wait until next month.  If anyone else decides to sign up, use this little link and it will give me a $25 referral credit! http://stitchfix.com/sign_up?referrer_id=3169810    Happy shopping.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super fun!! I love the dress you kept. So professional, yet stylish. :)

-College Roomie

Nicole said...

I'm just too scared to try one of these. Question-how much is the stuff? I'm a pretty big cheap-o when it comes to clothes, so I'd like to have an idea of how much something is before I would sign up for it.

Britt Fisk said...

Tiffany, you scored big time! That black dress looks amazing - but what you put with it makes it even better. Gorgeous!!