Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Deck the Halls Post #5: Me (and The Boy from Texas and my Parents)

I thought that finishing out our series by showing you how me and the familia (and the Boy from Texas) decorate for the holiday was the perfect ending.  Merry Christmas to All!!

My Casa
 
Since this was my first year in my house, and my first time living in a house rather than an apartment, I was excited to decorate for Christmas.  As was New Roomie.  So we hit up Hob Lob and did some major damage.  We had this great plan to do some major outdoor decorations but a little ice storm and freezing temps sort of killed that plan.  So we went with an indoor motif.  Here's the results:


We New Mexican girls were way excited about chile pepper lights!

I loved this photo of the Nativity and the little ball with a church inside.

I love Nativities...I hope to start a collection.
   
The Boy from Texas
 
After being inspired by Blonde Oklahoma Girl, I asked The Boy from Texas if we could put up a tree at his house.  Being the good boyfriend that he is, when I arrived after Thanksgiving, the tree was already all set up just waiting for decorations.  So we headed out to get some bling to put on the tree and then we decorated. 
 
Our first tree. :)
And then he snuck back over to better organize the ornaments so everything was even.  How I managed to find someone even more anal than me is something I completely do not understand.
 
Proof of his OCD in action.
And after the tree was decorated (and then reorganized) we spent the night watching Love Actually in the lights from the tree.  Perfection!
 
My Parents

As always, I'll be at my parents' house for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  My mom sent me a couple of snapshots of the decorations that she got put up before we arrive for the festivities.
 

1 comment:

Brianne said...

Lol I love that he reorganized the tree!