I somehow managed to get way behind on blogging (and in life, really) and realized that I failed to blog about our family Thanksgiving this year. As normal, it was a lot of chaos, a lot of really fun people, and a lot of really good food. Here's a recap, mostly in pictures.
Family Shoot Out
What? Everyone else doesn't do this to celebrate the holiday?
![]() |
| She yells "pull" for the thrower. |
![]() |
| She fires. |
![]() |
| She looks shocked and concerned. |
![]() |
| She laughs. |
![]() |
| She goes back to her wine. |
It was all fun and games until Little Brother and The Boy from Texas decided to go hunt real birds and Little Brother shot in the general direction of the large group of people. My father blew a gasket and yelled at them to put the guns away.
My boyfriend thought that it would be a good idea to just shoot one more bird (which, for the record, he hit.) My father did not think it was such a good idea and blew a gasket again.
No worries, Aunt Delta Dawn was there to calm in down by telling him how cute the boys were. He loved that.
Dinner Out
The best part of this event was when Aunt Delta Dawn showed my little cousin her foot with only 4 toes, and my cousin, shocked and dismayed as she should have been, then showed the waitress.
Family Dinner
First up, this is one of my favorite stories of the weekend. Cousin Amber was going around asking to fix everyone's hair. I mean brush and hairspray in hand. Everyone got a new do. When she walked up to The Boy from Texas for his turn, I said, "Oh, honey, he does not have any hair." She improvised and brushed his beard. Awesome.
And then we ate a lot, talked a lot, and took a group photo.
![]() |
| Uncle Buddy showing Dr. Kyra his new teeth. |
Be honest, you're jealous, right? Well you're all invited next year. Just bring your gun! Oh, and three times now I've heard The Boy from Texas say to people, "Well if I survived Thanksgiving with her family, this won't be a problem." Hehe....probably true!



















3 comments:
Oh family shoots....miss them, we used to have one on New Years when I lived in Gunnison. One year I even won! A golden clay pigeon...probably the coolest trophy ever! (thank goodness all the boys were super hunged over!)
Your family just radiates love and fun!! I'm so glad that TBFT fits right in. :)
-College Roomie
Great photos. Our family definitely has shoot outs from time to time lol.
Post a Comment