I've been cooking up a storm lately. Up a storm. Seriously, I think maybe I'm "nesting" since I'm only 46 days away from marrying The Boy from Texas? I'm not sure, but I thought it might be fun to share a few recipes with you all this week!
Blueberry Scones This is hands down the best new recipe I've made in a while. I don't think of myself as much of a scone eater, but The Boy from Texas loves them. I know, it's weird. Here's this total rough and tough country guy ordering a scone like he's off to tea with the Queen. But he likes them and I like him, so I gave them a whirl. These were also the very first recipe made using my new Kitchenaid mixer. They were SO good! I'm a huge, huge fan. Use fresh fruit. I used blueberries, but may try strawberries next time.
Crockpot Chicken Alfredo I love anything that can be cooked in a crock pot. I also love chicken alfredo. This ended up being pretty good....I'm not going to say great, but pretty good. I added broccoli to the recipe to try and give it some sort of health value. Tip----add the broccoli about an hour before you are ready to eat. I added it too early and it was really mushy.
Brown Sugar Baked Peaches This was super easy and really tasty. I made some for The Boy from Texas and he greatly approved. We didn't add ice cream, but the bottom line is that ice cream makes anything better, so go for it. One note....don't make extra because the peaches do not re-heat well.
Zucchini Carrot Oatmeal Muffins I struggle with knowing what to eat for breakfast. First off, I don't like to get out of bed early enough to cook anything. Second off, I have a pretty sensitive stomach so I need something that's not too crazy. Lastly, I'm trying to really up the number of veggies in my diet. Enter these muffins. They turned out really, really good and I'd highly recommend them!
1 comment:
The scones sound awesome!
Post a Comment