I've collected a few great blog posts, articles, and a song for your listening pleasure!
* Opening Up. My friend Lori wrote a beautiful blog (click here) about raising her sweet son who has some developmental delays. She is honest and loving and this post is just beautiful. There is one line in there that just rang so true with me and that I think everyone should read and think about. "I believe that my son sees things differently because the world needs people who see things differently...Your kid is exactly who he or she needs to be - and maybe together, all of our 'different' kids will take the world in a 'different' direction that it truly needs to go."
* We Said Yes Too. This article (click here) was written by a Catholic mama who has suffered multiple miscarriages. She discusses how she has to deal with judgment and negative comments because she does not have more children. I've had good friends who suffer with judgment for the opposite reason, folks thinking they have too many children. The bottom line is that we never know what someone is going through and instead of commenting or judging, we should just be loving and supporting them. Period.
* 5 Years, Yo. My sweet College Roomie recently celebrated the 5th anniversary of her first date with her husband. I am proud to have been a part of their meeting. She did a great job of telling the story of that fateful meeting and following first date. It's hilarious and I'm a genius. To read her blog, click here.
* Jayton and Jill. Zane Williams has my very favorite song right now called Jayton and Jill. I love everything about it. The music, the story, his voice....everything. When I went to go pull a video so you guys could listen to it, I learned that he wrote the song after taking 10 random words from his fans and putting 9 of them into a song. The words? 121 North, Bearcats, Jill, Oil, Ephesians, Jayton, sarsparilla, flamboyant, 4th of July. He couldn't make the 10th word (roller skates) fit. Amazing! Give it a listen here.
2 comments:
My friend from Corpus talks about Zane Williams all the time & yet I've yet to hear him. As soon as my students leave I'll give the song a listen!
I was wondering why my blog statistics showed an increase in views on April 20 when I hadn't posted anything for weeks.... Mystery solved. :) Thanks for the link!! And for, you know, introducing me to my husband.
Post a Comment