Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Christmas Tradition #4: BB's Christmas Ornament Craft

One tradition I really wanted to start was a homemade ornament by BB every year.  Thanks to Pinterest, I found a great idea!

Off to Hob Lob I went to gather supplies. I bought ceramic ornaments, paint, a paint pen, and a sponge brush. At home I already had a couple sharpies.  All half off, of course.


I then prepared the area. We did this bright and early about 7:00 one morning.  BB is happiest in the morning so I figured that was our best bet. I distracted his hands by letting him lay on his play mat and putting down a trash bag for any dripping paint. 


I put a little paint on a paper plate and brushed it on his foot.  Then I just stamped each ornament with a footprint. 


We then took a bath. Even being careful we had green paint on both his feet and his knees. It was easily cleaned except for between his tiny toes...that was a bear! A q-tip ended up being very helpful. 


Once the artist was all cleaned up, had a fresh diaper, and a comfy outfit, he was exhausted and needed a nap. It's hard work being an artistic genius. 


While the boss slept, I turned back to the project. 


I used a gold sharpie to write the year and a red paint pen to write his name. This was MUCH easier than using paint and a brush!


Then on the back, I used a fine tip black sharpie to write a little message. 


And we were done!

Total time needed: 30 minutes (nap time not included!)

Total cost:  Less than $10

1 comment:

Brianne said...

I love those! That's such a cute idea!