Monday, December 5, 2016

Life Hacks #4

Time again to share some of the little things that seem to make life easier.  If you missed any of the first three posts, click here.

- Ebates
If you do online shopping, this is a must in my opinion.  All you have to do is create an account, log in before you do your online purchasing, and you get cash back.  When I first heard this, I was sure there was a catch.  But...there's not.  It's just cash back for the shopping you're doing anyway.  This year, I've earned $100 so far.

There are a ton of stores included--you just search for whatever store you're wanting to shop and to see if it has cash back offered.  Amounts range from 1% to 10% cash back.  On Cyber Monday, it was double cash back everywhere.  And, if you sign up using my referral link here, you get $10 cash back as soon as your make your first purchase.  So even if you just sign up, buy one thing, and never use it again, you'll get a $10 check in the mail.

- Tiny salad dressing bottle
I try and take my lunch almost every day.  One of my favorite things is a good fresh salad, but I always struggle with taking that to work because...what do I do about dressing?  I don't want to put it on in the morning and the lettuce get all soggy.  I also can't make myself eat it without dressing.  Well the other day, the answer was found in a random grocery store aisle.  This mini squeeze bottle is perfect for dressing.  I just fill it up, close the lid, and put it in my salad bowl until lunch time.

-iBooks

I know, I know.  I've probably said to everyone I know how I am not into electronic books and just prefer to have the good ol' hard copy on my shelf.  And that was true, until I bought my first iBook and downloaded it on my phone.  Now, if I'm waiting at the tire shop, I can read even if I didn't remember to bring my book.  When I'm up feeding LL in the middle of the night, I can read a few pages right there on my phone.  Plus, I can save some money not buying hard copy books and, given that my first iBook was all about tidying up and reducing clutter, not adding physical books to my shelf is appealing to me as well.

What life hacks do you have to share?

1 comment:

Jen@Almost Gypsy Soul said...

I NEED one of those salad dressing bottles....which store did you happen to be in a random aisle?