Thursday, June 10, 2010

Throwback Thursday #24: Gotta Love Football!

"Southern girls know their religions....Methodist, Baptist, and football." ~Unknown

This week's throwback Thursday story was inspired by one of the Oklahoma Girls, who posted the following on my facebook wall:

"Tiff...I need you to fill me in on this whole Football news thing. Are we no longer in the Big-12?? I just now know all about it, I don't know anything about this Pac-10 business, and I am pretty sure I don't like Pac-10. What does this mean for college football, am I going to have to re-learn everything you taught me??"

As a sidenote, I'm furious about this whole Big 12 situation, but that'll be another blog for another day!
Now, you may realize from reading hte blog that I am a total college football fanatic. I know stats, conferences, coaches, BCS games.....I've got it down. And, I talk about it all the time. During football season, you know where I'll be on a Saturday.
This rubbed off on two of my favorite girls, the Oklahoma Girl mentioned above and College Roomie. And, thus, the Throwback Thursday begins.

College Roomie and I were in our first year at OSU. We (of course) got student football tickets and were off to our first home game. It was the second weekend of the season, so needless to say, the weekend before College Roomie had been forced to deal with football on the tv for about 12 hours straight. So we're at the game, we kick off, the other team goes on offense. And then it comes. The best question ever. College Roomie rocks out with:
"Where's the line?"

I didn't know what she meant. I ask her to clarify. She responds:

"You know, the yellow line that shows how far they have to go?"


Needless to say, that started a few lessons---I'm now proud to say she's pretty well versed. She knows what positions are offense and defense, she knows how to talk trash about other conferences, and she knows that the yellow line is only on tv.
College football bonding.....I can't wait for the fall to arrive....yellow lines and all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is why Amy and I get along so great. The first college football game I ever went to, I was with Sara and DonEtta, I asked Sara the same thing..."Where's the yellow line" HAHAHA

Lyndse

Anonymous said...

Oh Tiffy really this year you need to live in the great state of Oklahoma, so we can spend Football Saturday's together. You know Lyndse does not like watching it all day and night like us :) This whole Big 12 BS upsets me!!!!!!!!!

Sara

Anonymous said...

Tiffy,

I am still waiting for an explanation of all this. Also, I would just rather watch it live...I like to be in the action.

Lyndse

crystal.cattle said...

This is great! I love college football too, and this whole situation makes me sick. Maybe you'll need to make a trip to Manhattan for the K-State vs. OSU game. Might be one of the last. :(

www.cdycattle.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

The yellow line is very helpful....

On a side note, do you suppose I jinxed the Big 12 when I confused Butler and Baylor during March Madness?

-Amy