Wednesday, August 22, 2012

What I'm Loving Wednesday!

The most important thing in life is to stop saying, "I wish" and start saying, "I will."

It's been a while since I've linked up with Jamie for What I'm Loving Wednesday.  So let's get with it!

I'm Loving....

1.  The following email from BFF last week referring to plans for his upcoming wedding:

"We have other things need to solve as well... Do you want to stand on her side or stand on my side? Do you want to wear a dress like brides maids or something similar to grooms guys if you stand on my side?"
Me and BFF circa 2002
Ahh, the problems of picking a girl to be your best friend.  I love it.  (And for the record, I told him that I would be wearing a dress, not a tux.  Seriously?  That was a question?)

2.  This amazing article about really living and Saint Maximillian Kolbe.  If I were you, I'd skip the rest of my blog and go read someone who is brilliant.  She uses the example of St. Maximillian Kolbe, who offered up his life to save another man while they were prisoners at Auschwitz during WWII.  And she will change your whole perspective.

3.  This amazing new song (maybe it's not new, but it's new to me) by Ben Rector, called "She Is."  Love it.

4.  Labor Day Weekend plans have been finalized.  The trip with ND Friend to the south is waiting until next spring......BUT....I'm headed to Stillwater to the opening game of football season and to see some of my favorite people!  Can.Not.Wait.

5.  I've got more pregnant friends.  Seriously, I've got 8 different friends right now who are pregnant.  EIGHT.  Most recent announcers?  These two:
Yep, that's right.  Mr. and Mrs. Chocolate Brown are having a little one.  And it will no doubt be the most beautiful child ever.  Aunt Tiff is super excited!

6.  Speaking of Aunt Tiff, SoulMate Friend told Little Linebacker that Aunt Tiff is coming to visit in a couple of weeks.  His response?  "Tiff?  Football!  Pistol Pete!"  Um.....could there be a cooler thing for me to be associated with?  Nope.  This is the epitome.

7.  This blog by Miss Meg.  She's the one who inspired me to start writing Letters to Mr. Right with blogs like that.  My favorite part?

I want to find him on the doorstep. Unexpected. I want to turn the corner after a long day, a long month, a long year and find him half-smiling with a bouquet of flowers. He'll be sitting there. And when he sees me, he'll stand. At first I won't understand. Who is this man I knew so many lifetimes ago? I'll climb the steps and he'll step aside. I'll put the key in the door and pause. I'll feel his breath on my neck. And his silence will fill me, satiate me. I'll push the door open and he'll follow in step. And we'll begin our life together.  That's what I want.  To find the man I dream of on the front stoop.
Sigh. 

Oh, and this part, because, of  course I agree!  That being said, you sure as hell better ask my father first. I believe in chivalry. And I was raised in the South.

8.  And, finally, I'll leave y'all with this thought that's getting me through the week.

Hallelujah and Amen.  Oh, and Go Pokes!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

So... not sure what South you are talking about but I think me and at least 1 girlfriend (maybe another) will be going to Savannah next Spring. So if it's the same south... let me know and we can make it a big girls trip!

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo GO POKES! Can't wait to see your pretty face! Being associate with football as in OSU football is the best! YAY for new babies!

~LOKG

Anonymous said...

Loving what you're loving.

-College Roomie

The Unlikely Runner said...

Yay for college football!!! Although I think I wear a little bit different color orange than you...

Unknown said...

i loveeee that email! what side will you pick!?

Have a great night! Stop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hello! :)