"Her daddy was a farmer, like his daddy was before...." ~Josh Abott Band, Small Town Family Dream
It's National FFA Week! I have really been enjoying all of the flashback pictures on facebook that people have posted of their FFA days. You know I had to join in the fun.
It's National FFA Week! I have really been enjoying all of the flashback pictures on facebook that people have posted of their FFA days. You know I had to join in the fun.
![]() |
| Our first State Championship. |
![]() |
| My first purple banner. |
I suppose that FFA was in my blood, as evidenced below.
My Dad was in FFA in the 1970s.
My Granddad was an FFA member in the 1940s.
I've been involved in lots of different activities from sports teams to legal clubs to honor society to church groups, and I can say without a doubt in my mind that none have had a bigger impact on my life than my experience in FFA. From countless sets of reasons in a hotel room, to Mr. Franklin beating the steering wheel and yelling at us for being idiots the year we won State Livestock, to green chile cheeseburgers at Dicks, to "The Speech" behind the suburbans at Hobbs, to ass kicking peanuts in the suburban if you missed a question, to State Fair street dances, to learning the difference between a sink hole and a gully, to hugging my dad after winning the county fair the third year in a row, to Mr. Franklin crying anytime we won...some of my favorite memories involve FFA.
I feel that no matter how many blogs I write about things like puking my way across Kentucky or remembering the State Fair or our first show lamb sale, or looking back on the speeches given, or trips to National FFA Convention, or my first set of reasons, I still can't put into words how much I appreciate this organization and the memories that it gave me. I count the chance to have been a part of the FFA as one of my biggest blessings. Happy National FFA Week!
I feel that no matter how many blogs I write about things like puking my way across Kentucky or remembering the State Fair or our first show lamb sale, or looking back on the speeches given, or trips to National FFA Convention, or my first set of reasons, I still can't put into words how much I appreciate this organization and the memories that it gave me. I count the chance to have been a part of the FFA as one of my biggest blessings. Happy National FFA Week!






2 comments:
Absolutely LOVE the post today! FFA was defiantly the best part of my childhood as well! Happy FFA Week!
~LOKG
Happy National FFA Week! The organization builds character and leadership and skills and friendships and offers countless opportunities. I'm so glad I was involved!
-College Roomie
Post a Comment