Monday, April 1, 2013

A Beginning's End

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end."

On Friday, I closed a chapter in my life.  It was my last day at my first "grown up job."  I couldn't have asked for a better first job, better co-workers, or a better experience.  As excited as I am about the next chapter, I am sad to see this one close.

Law Firm Going Away Dinner

Goodbye visit from two of my favorite kids

That's how life works, isn't it?  We have to move on from one good thing to spread our wings and try for another good (hopefully even better) thing.  And it's scary.  So scary that some people never do it.  But I've never been one to sit still.  So I have to give it a try, to make the leap, to see where the next chapter will take me.

Will it be good?  I hope so.  Better than this chapter?  Maybe.  Would I regret not doing it?  Absolutely.  And the answer to that last question made my decision easy.

via Pinterest

And so ends my prior beginning...onto the next one!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! And here's to two months o' fun in the meantime!

-College Roomie

Pharmer Girl said...

Yay! Let the vacation fun begin! I am excited for you to be starting this next chapter of your life!

Oh and I love the final quote! Remind me of that when I graduate in about a year.

-Pharmer Girl

Linznoel said...

Congrats on the new chapter! And side note, your openting quote is totally taking me back to 2 AM at Murphy's :)

Brianne said...

Congrats on your next chapter in life!

Brianne said...

Congrats on your next chapter in life!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the next chapter in your life! Hope it is fun and bright and have many adventures

Julie-Becoming A Navy Wife said...

Love that quote! Have fun with the next chapter!!!!

Nicole said...

I'm sure you're nervous, sad, excited, and everything else in between! But how great of an opportunity for your first job, and to love it at that. Now onto something even better! You'll do great no matter what!