Last weekend I went to get my hair cut and the girl had a tattoo. Now, I might as well confess upfront that I am not a tattoo fan. I don't care if you have one, do what you want, but I have zero desire to get one and don't usually pay attention to them. But my hair dresser had three words just above her collar bone that caught my attention.
Know your worth.
Those three simple words sure carry a punch, don't they? I think that it is easy to let ourselves be beaten down by life and society and other people and forget that we have worth, just the way we are. Even if we need to lose 10 pounds or our hair is frizzy or we don't have fancy clothes. Regardless of our relationship status or 401(k) balance or number of plaques on the wall. During the times when we feel ugly or stupid or inferior. Even when we long for the white dress, or our big break, or a kind word.
We have worth simply because we exist. We were created in God's image and for His purpose. Our worth is in that, period.
Know your worth. And then believe in it. Be grateful for it. Live it.

7 comments:
LOVE!
Great message! I especially love the quote.
And you got a great haircut out of the deal, so there's that.
-College Roomie
A great reminder! All too often people get so caught up in comparing themselves and their lives to others. One of the biggest things I've learned in life is that things may look alright on the outside, but the inside could be a completely different story.
Powerful!
This ties in perfectly with the chapter I was reading last night in "Manuscript Found in Accra". Think it's a sign?
This is fabulous. So true! Good reminder for all of us. Thanks, Tiff!
Wow! Great thoughtfulness. This is so true and so important for each person to realize. I really like the deep meaning of this blog. **Also, please don't cut your hair short!
Your mom
Post a Comment