Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Life Is Good.



"Expect to have hope rekindled.  Expect your prayers to be answered in wondrous ways.  The dry seasons in life do not last.  The spring rains will come again."  ~Sarah Ban Breathnach
 
I'm a life lover.  I'll admit it.  I know that people who read this blog probably think that I'm all optimistic, pie in the sky, happy all the time.  And honestly, for the most part, that's true.  I am generally happy and I think that life is mostly good.

But I understand that life is hard too.  We have pain and struggles and sometimes things just suck.  A lot.  I've been to more funerals in 29 years than most people go to in a lifetime.  I've had my heart broken, cried myself to sleep, and wished that things were different--that I was different. I've given two eulogies and carried one casket.  I've lost friends far too young and said goodbye to people who I couldn't have imagined living without.  I've mourned and felt pain and grieved.

 But in the end, life is good.  We're put on this earth for a reason.  There are always people who love us and need us here.  Life is good.  Please remember that.

Girls from my elementary school class at the senior prom.

3 comments:

Brianne said...

Thanks for the reminder. That's something that I always try to live by...that just because it may be a bad day or a bad week it doesn't mean it's a bad life.

The Lady Okie said...

So true! Such a great reminder. As sad as things can get, there's still so much good in the world too.

Unknown said...

Right on, just embrace the blessings you have.