Friday, September 13, 2013

Remember the Alamo (Dome)

“Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude.”   ~ A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

This past weekend The Boy from Texas and I headed to San Antonio to watch my OSU Cowboys play UTSA at the Alamo Dome! 

Y'all.  Watching a game in the Alamo Dome may well have ruined me for college football.  It was hot, muggy and humid outside.  But in the Dome?  A perfect 70 degrees.  I almost wished I had brought a sweater.  It was awesome!

We spent the first half of the game with Fellow Cowboy in Aggieland and her friends and met up with BFF and Mrs. BFF for the second half.
Kickoff

Three of my favorite people.

UTSA's mascot is a roadrunner.  Lots of people had these shirts that say
"Respect the Pecker."  Hilarious.
The Pokes looked good and won big.  Still have a few lingering concerns about our defense, but we'll see how that shakes out down the line. 

So if you're keeping track, we have an OSU win, an air conditioned stadium, and a day spent with three of my favorite people in the world.  I'm a lucky girl.




After the game we headed to the River Walk.  I had never been, so I wanted to go in order to get myself a Bucket List checkmark.  We also got to deal with BFF in rare form--skipping down the street, almost shoving his wife into the river whilst totally scaring fellow River Walk walkers.  I think he was enjoying letting off a little steam after being so serious last week while he finished out his PhD!  That's right, kids.  BFF is officially a doctor.

After the walk, we grabbed steaks for lunch and enjoyed the cool air.  Then The Boy from Texas and I went to visit one of his best friends and spent a relaxing night chilling in his yard.  Then we made the 3 hour drive home.  Which probably would have sucked, except for the fact that it meant we got to hang out together for 3 hours, and we could stop for roasted pecans at Buckees!

The End.


Venus Trapped in Mars

6 comments:

Venus Trapped In Mars said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend to me! I've never been to San Antonio but it is on my list of places to visit.

But that "fear the pecker" shirt.... WOW!! I cant' decide if that is the greatest shirt ever, or the worst.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! What a fun weekend with great people. The Alamo Dome sounds like my kind of football watching venue....

-College Roomie

Jen@Almost Gypsy Soul said...

The dome sounds like a perfect place to me! I went to a Diamondbacks game in AZ in a place like that.....I could handle that every game...well until fall...I love wearing fall clothes to outdoor events!

Nicole said...

That shirt is hilarious!!! I think that playing in a football dome is cheating...in Montana we say, "It's not Bobcat football if it isn't freezing cold out!" I can't tell you how many games we've attended bundled up in our Carhartt's and winter gear because it's so cold out. It's part of the experience! I guess in your case it would be too hot though :)

Anonymous said...

When you stand between Ty and Chase, you look really little. Will you ask them to let me stand between them for a picture please?

Your Momma

Katy Robertson said...

Looks like you have fun!!

and.....football dates are the best :)