Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Gems from Little Cowboy

I know this is everyone's favorite thing on my blog.....quotes from Little Cowboy.  For those of you who are new, he's my 7 year old little nephew and pretty much the funniest kid on the planet.

He spent the weekend selling lambs and I mean he was in the middle of it all....showing them, shaking hands, talking to customers, whole deal.  Here we go.


*Little Cowboy, The Boy from Texas, and I are out bottle feeding a lamb on Friday night.*
Little Cowboy:  I'm going to name this lamb Tiffany because you're my favorite aunt.
Me:  Well thanks, buddy!
Little Cowboys:  The Boy from Texas, one day you can be my favorite uncle!
[Awkward silence.]


*Little Cowboy is describing some kid that was picking on him at school.*
Little Cowboy:  Well Little Brother (my brother) said that if he got me in a headlock again, I could just punch him in the nuts.
Me:  Well, you gotta do what you gotta do.
Little Cowboy:  And I could do it too, he's tall, so his nuts are about right here [punches out in front of him].



Little Cowboy:  I have a girlfriend in my class.
My mom:  A girlfriend?!
Little Cowboy.  Yea.  Well, I was playing hard to get.  Little Brother taught me that.



Little Cowboy to various buyers at the lamb sale who asked him how much a lamb cost:  That's $1,000.  Cash.  Only cash.


*After showing sheep pretty much non-stop for two days*
Little Cowboy:  We get to show MORE sheep?!?  YES!!



*At the sale, I wrote the ear tag numbers of the lambs on an index card and handed them to Little Cowboy who then handed them to the auctioneer.  I made a mistake and had to mark a few out.*
Little Cowboy to the Auctioneer:  Tiff did this.  I'm going to tell her not to let it happen again!

And lastly, I'll leave you with a picture of what sheep sale weekend did to the poor kid.  This was him on the way home.

4 comments:

Jen@Almost Gypsy Soul said...

Love Little Cowboy. I think Little Brother might have his hands full.....if not now, I think a couple years should do it.

Brianne said...

Haha he is so cute. The last one killed me.

Anonymous said...

He drives a hard bargain. $1000 cash only.

And yeah, Tiff...don't let that happen again. No mistakes!

-College Roomie

Mandy said...

Little Cowboy cracks me up! Too cute!!