"No heaven can heaven be, if my horse isn't there to welcome me." ~Unknown
I truly believe that there is a special place in Heaven for a good horse. In particular, I think this is true for a good kid horse.
You know the ones.....that will stand still without blinking an eye while a kid throws a rope and whops him in the face. Who doesn't move while another kid stands up in the saddle doing circus-like tricks. The one that you can put a 5 year old kid, or a 40 year old city boy, on without thinking twice. The horse that you can crawl over and under and behind and he just sort of smirks. And most importantly, the kind of horse that makes people feel confident and comfortable and safe, and make a horse-lover out of anyone.
Sarge was one of those horses. Yesterday, he died. You can think what you want and argue theology if you want, but I'll just all but guarantee you that horse is walking around the golden streets. He sure deserves to be.
4 comments:
Ahh, I'm so sorry for the loss of a beloved family member. It sounds like Sarge had a wonderful life, filled with fun rides and people.
-College Roomie
What a great way to celebrate such a special horse's life. Sarge will be missed.
Mrs. Arizona
So sorry for y'all's loss. Some horses are angels with four legs and we're just lucky enough to cross paths with them for a short time before they're called home.
I'm so sorry for your loss. Sarge sounds like a great horse.
Post a Comment