Monday, July 28, 2014

Cooking with Kimberly Lesson 2: Steak Parmesean

Remember how we started this series where New Roomie was gonna teach us how to cook?  Yea, I don't blame you for forgetting.  Because it's been forever since the first one.  Apparently New Roomie was too busy being generally awesome to help us out (or maybe I just forgot and it's all my fault).

Either way, we are back today with the second installment of Cooking with Kimberly.


Being that we are two ranch girls who live together, anything with beef in it is a welcome dish in this house.  The first time that New Roomie made this dish, I seriously wanted to eat the entire pan in one sitting.  Amazingly good, and super easy!

Steak Parmesan

1/4 C. margarine
1 can evaporated milk
Shredded Parmesan cheese
1/3 C flour
1 tsp. salt
Dash of pepper
8 thin round steaks
8 oz can of tomato sauce

Pre-heat oven to 350.  Place butter in small baking dish and melt in the oven.  In a small bowl, pour 1/2 C milk.  on wax paper, mix flour, chese, salt and pepper.  Dip meat in milk and then in flour mixture.  Arrange crossiwse in baking dish.  Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.  Combine 1/3 C milk and 1/2 C cheese.  Pour tomato sauce over meat and spoon cheese/milk mixture over sauce.  Bake for 25 minutes.

Serve alone or over pasta.







2 comments:

JessieO said...

I am going to try this with elk steaks! It sounds awesome!

Anonymous said...

Looks tasty!! I'll definitely try it.

-College Roomie