Thursday, October 29, 2015

Life Hacks #3

I am back with a few more life hacks today. Be sure to share any of your hacks--little tricks to make life easier--below!

Homemade stain remover.  So turns out babies are messy and stain everything!  After reading about a simple homemade stain remover on Pinterest I had to try it.  I am happy to report great results! It even took stains out of clothes that had already been washed before!  You mix 2 parts hydrogen peroxide, 1 part baking soda, and 1 part Dawn dish soap.  Mix well.  Apply to stain and scrub.  Let sit for one hour. (Letting it sit is important!) Wash clothes as usual.

  
I mixed mine 1/2C peroxide and 1/4C Dawn and baking soda. I keep it in a plastic container and use a tooth brush to apply and scrub.  Cheap, easy, works great!

Homemade animal fly spray.  I learned this recipe years ago from my friend Sarah. We first used it on pigs and I now use it for our dogs.  You just need a plastic spray bottle.  Fill 1/2 water, 1/2 vinegar and squirt in some Dawn dish soap. (Dawn should be sponsoring this post!) Again, cheap, easy, works well and no chemicals.

Re-using gift bags & tissue paper. I am a gift bag recycler. I have a big plastic storage tub full of gift bags and tissue paper. It seems silly to just throw them away!  I had always done this and had a small stash but I really hit the jackpot with the bags from wedding and baby showers.  I seriously may never have to buy wrapping again!  It is amazing the  money you save.

Free undies. If you are a fan of Victoria's Secret, you know their underwear is expensive. There are two things to know here. First, at their semi-annual sales, they have bins of undies on sale for a fraction of the price if you take the time to sort through the unorganized mess.  Second, if you have their credit card (free, no fees) they mail you a coupon about once a month for a free pair of undies.  Now, you only get whatever style is featured, but free is free and if you use every coupon you can really add to your wardrobe!

1 comment:

Brianne said...

My mom totally has a box in our basement full of recycled tissue paper & gift bags.