Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Summer Travels

The Boy from Texas and I had big plans of going on a fun trip this summer.  We had tossed around Napa or Idaho or Chicago.  Somehow, we blinked and it's now September and no big trip happened.  With LL on the way shortly, we'll be shooting for next year I guess.

We did, however, have a couple of fun long weekends away.

In June, we loaded up with some of our best friends, who we'll call County Agent and Photographer, and headed to the lake.  Everyone seemed to have had a couple of stressful weeks at work and we decided we just needed some time to get away.  Lucky for us, Aunt and Uncle Evil Kineval were at their lake house and offered to host.  BB absolutely loved running around the pontoon boat, but when it came time to strap on a life jacket so he could swim, he was having NONE of that.  Poor kid never even got in the water!  But regardless, some fun in the sun and stuffing our faces with homemade food from my aunt was just what the doctor ordered.

BB and Aunt Evil Kineval





Then in July, we headed back to the lake to meet up with my family for a birthday celebration.  This year, I have uncles turning 70 and 60, I have a cousin who turned 50, my brother turns 30, and we happened to have this little celebration the weekend The Boy from Texas turned 31.  Birthdays galore!  We spent the weekend soaking up the sun and enjoying the water!  I much prefer the lake when I'm able to ski, but two summers of pregnancy in a row put a bit of a kink in that.  But riding in the boat and swimming were still quite enjoyable.



How many guys does it take to get my dad in the water?

My dad skiing




In August, we headed to my cousin's wedding in Red River.  Red River is our yearly snow skiing destination, but I had never been in the summer, so I was excited to check it out.  Things sure look different without all the snow!  It was perfect weather and an awesome time with family.  BB thoroughly enjoyed himself running around town and especially dancing at the wedding reception.  I bet he tasted half the rocks in Red River!

The Face looks way less intimidating in the summer.
BB's first time at the Lift House Bar




Our side of the family 



The sticks were more interesting than the wedding.
The Boy from Texas raced go karts.


2 comments:

Jen@Almost Gypsy Soul said...

The face is WAY less intimidating in the summer! I'm glad you guys got a few good weekend travels in this summer, sometimes its just what the soul needs!

Brianne said...

I'm glad that y'all were able to get in some trips even if they weren't a big one like you were planning. They still look like a lot of fun.