Those of you who are my facebook friends have already heard this on my status....but for those of you who are not, my law review article has been published! I tried to take a picture of it, but my camera flash photographing the white cover didn't so much work out.
Now, just a little background.....I had to write this paper to graduate from law school (sort of like a thesis for a masters) and I finished it last spring. Then I submitted it to some journals, and got offers to publish it. I went with the San Joaquin Agricultural Law Review, out of Clovis, California. Here's their website: http://www.sjcl.edu/SJALRIssues/Volume18/tabid/621/Default.aspx
So I sent them my article, they made some suggestions and edits, they did a cite check (which means they went through my whole box of sources to be sure I was accurate) and then off to the publisher it went! It was a lot of work and sort of a pain, but it was pretty exciting to see my name in print! Those of you with Westlaw or Lexis access can check it out soon at 18 S.J. Agric. L. Rev. 127.
Anyway, the article's full title is: Daddy Won't Sell The Farm: Drafting Right to Farm Statutes to Protect Small Family Producers. You'll see more about the topic soon on the blog for Family Farm Fridays, but really quickly these are laws that most states have in order to prevent city folk from moving out into the country next to an established farm or ranch, and then sue for an injunction to make the farmer stop farming because it's too loud, or too dusty or smells bad. These laws are becoming more and more important as people move to rural areas, and we need to be sure they are well-drafted. And there is two sentences explaining what my 30 page paper is all about!
1 comment:
Your paper sounds really interesting, and covers a really important subject! Congrats. I can't wait to hear more about it and read it.
www.cdycattle.blogspot.com
Post a Comment