"If you're not picky, you're divorced." ~Cousin Swiss Mister
Okay, I'll admit it. I'm picky. I am frequently told by just about everyone in my life (including my own father and College Roomie) that I am too picky. (Thank goodness BFF and Cousin Kevin don't seem to agree---it's good to have those protective boys in your life to make you feel like picky is okay!)
And I'll admit, there may be a few requirements that I have for finding Mr. Right that are a bit overboard. My ban on boys wearing flip flops could probably go. My requirement that he be able to bench press my weight might not be totally necessary (but based on my research a guy should easily be able to do that unless he's a total wimp). My insistence on him being a college football fan also might be excessive (but let's be honest, you know that on Saturdays there will not be anything else on my tv!). So yes....I'm a little picky. Let's not even get started on my rules about him loving and understanding farming/ranching.
But last week I heard a poll on the local radio station. The question was for women. "Would you date Tiger Woods now that he is divorced?" I'm thinking as I'm driving to work....I bet it's less than 10% who say yes. Boy was I wrong. 100% of the women who responded said that they WOULD date him.
Are you kidding me? Hello ladies!??! Have you been watching the news? This dude cheated on his wife (while she was home taking care of or pregnant with his babies) with goodness knows how many trashy other women. Clearly he's a slimeball. (Sidenote: Not only should this morally repulse you and make you not want to touch him, but it should also scare the crap out of you from a health standpoint......yuck!) Out of respect for his poor ex-wife alone, the answer should have bee no!
I know it's hard to be single, and I know it's hard to find a guy who even is a potential Mr. Right, but we have to keep some standards if you ask me. Not only do I think it's imporant for our own self respect, but I think it's important for us to show slimeball guys that we're not going to put up with them doing this kind of thing to their families (remember--it wasn't just Elin who he hurt, but his whole family, kiddos included). Anyway, sorry for the soap box, but I'm just saying.....let's have SOME standards!
Call me picky if you want. But I'm out on Tiger!
3 comments:
Tiff...good blog. I do not believe that you are picky. I also don't believe that I am picky, even though my mom says it, my brother says it. We have standards and yes some of them may be a little unrealistic but oh well...I would rather wait(but not to long)for the right guy then to settle with an A class loser like Tiger Woods.
Lyndse
I'm appalled that everyone said they would date him! The thought alone of sleeping with Tiger Woods makes me want to get an STD test. Eeeewwwwww. Nuff said.
Lyndse--I agree. We are not too picky. And let's be honest, a few of the sillier standards we would be able to deal without finding in a man (i.e. I probably could marry someone that wears flip flops and you probably could marry someone who doesn't have Luke Bryan teeth) but there are some of them that are just a must. We're going to find Prince Charming (yours) and Mr. Right (mine) and we'll all live happily ever after. :)
MetJ--right?!? What's wrong with people??
Post a Comment