Okay, I thought about quasi-lying in this blog. Here's the deal. The phrase "you do you" is the topic of the blog and I was going to tell you that I learned of this phrase in the Jason DeRulo song "Ridin' Solo" (which I love by the way...check it out!) when he says "Finally doing me and it feels alright."
But the truth is, I first heard this on Jersey Shore. Yes--I know it's totally trashy, immoral, junk. And I should not watch. And honestly, I'm not someone who watches every episode. But if I'm channel surfing and there is nothing else on, I'll admit--I watch the re-runs on MTV. There you have it. I confess. Ugh. I disappoint myself.
Anyway, back to the point of the blog. I like the idea of "you do you." The whole point is that we need to live our own lives. I know I blog about this a lot, but I think it's important. We are the ones who get to decide what we do with our lives--from where we live, to what we do for a living, to who we want to be around, to what color we want our hair. And if for some reason we are not happy with some part of their lives, then we can change it! (Julia Roberts agrees!)

And the "you do you" idea is especially important while we are single and have nothing tying us down. We deserve to make some decisions completely for ourselves! Someone mentioned to me that thinking this way is sort of selfish. I don't think so.
Don't get me wrong---when I get married and have little ones running around, I will not be making life decisions based on what I want. But at this point in my life, I have the freedom to make my own decisions. This is the time in my life that I get to figure out who I am and what I want. Knowing that seems like a pretty important thing before getting tied down and trying to make decisions for more than one person.
I get to do me, and I don't think that's selfish at all. I think that's smart!
3 comments:
Great post Tiff. I love your "live your own life" blog theme! But I will say that as a married person (and a goal I hope to bring into mommy-hood too) is that tending to yourself as an individual is still super important and should be made a priority. I may not blow all the money in our bank account without asking, but I guarantee you I'm doing some things just for me to make me happy. My theory is if you aren't a happy individual, you can't make a happy partner, and if you aren't a happy partner, you can't make a happy mom... :)
Thanks, Kris! I agree totally with you---if you don't do some things for yourself, no matter what stage of your life you are in, it is going to come back to cause you problems. You do a great job at making this work! (P.S.--when I read that about mommy-hood I seriously thought you were telling me you were pregnant. Rumors start that way!)
top [url=http://www.c-online-casino.co.uk/]casino bonus[/url] hinder the latest [url=http://www.casinolasvegass.com/]las vegas casino[/url] manumitted no store hand-out at the chief [url=http://www.baywatchcasino.com/]casino compensation
[/url].
Post a Comment