Friday, September 16, 2011

Quick Check-In

"You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need." ~Vernon Howard

So yesterday I did not have a blog posted first thing in the morning. Miss Canada texted me to see if I was okay, because she thought something might have happened to me. After this, I decided that skipping a day on the ol' blog without warning was a bad idea. But this will be short--it's late and I'm tired and I have a million things to do. Don't worry (Mom and Loud Oklahoma Girl!), Family Farm Friday will return next week. And I'll make it good to make up for the lack of posts the last two weeks.

Last night I went with McCain and College Roomie to the rodeo and Easton Corbin concert at the State Fair. I'm here to tell you, that Easton Corbin is a beautiful man. His voice, however, was not so beautiful. I think he might have had a cold. I offered to go on his tour bus and make him some hot tea, but apparently that was not necessary. Whatev.

Tomorrow I'm headed back out to the fair for the Junior Livestock Sale. This is where the winning animals are sold and all the money goes to the kiddos who have worked so hard all year. I'm excited to be participating as a buyer after having been an exhibitor for so many years.

Here is a picture from exactly 10 years ago today, when I sold my lamb, Lester. You'll recognize Little Brother, and the little tyke there is the Little Blonde Headed Kid who you read about a couple weeks back. We all miss you, Colten, and this week you were all over those fair grounds! If you were still here, I'd take you for ice cream today just like I did in 2001.

In other news, apparently the enitre fairgrounds has been on a mission to set me up with a particular guy, who I do not know. No lie, I was not there 30 minutes today and I already had 4 people come tell me that they had talked to this guy (we'll call him Fair Guy for now) about me. I'm picturing this poor, unsuspecting boy cornered by all of these men, women and children (literally) telling him about their friend Tiffany. I'm flattered that they all care so much---and a bit concerned that this poor dude may think I'm crazy, desparate, or a combination of both. But stay tuned to see if anything comes of this little adventure.

And lastly, because it's Friday and all good OSU Cowboy fans show off their orange today, I just wanted to say GO POKES!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, I miss wearing orange every Friday. Maybe I should add some to my wardrobe and take up that tradition again.

I prefer Inspector Man.

-College Roomie

Codi said...

Lol...I love the fact that the NM Ag Community is taking your love life into their hands. After I got engaged, I had quite an experience with several Ag Teachers who informed me that I had not obtained the proper permissions to get married! lol...gotta love the extended Ag Family. Have fun at the Fair!

Miss Canada said...

And I was glad to hear you were in good health and not permanently detained! haha
Pretty intrigued to hear about this fellow...

Megan said...

Hahahaha, I love that they are all trying to set you up! I hope it works out!! : )

Meghan said...

I am glad you are doing well! I love that last pic!

Anonymous said...

"Fair Guy" --- BBAHHH HAHAHAHAHHAHAH :D

-Annie