Thursday, September 1, 2011

What I'm Playing Thursday #1

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." ~Berthold Auerbach


I love "What I'm Playing Thursday" on Sarahs' blog.....but I've never linked up before. Until today, that is! So here we go! (Sidenote: I tried to embed you tube videos of my songs like everyone else does, but every time I paste the code in, it shuts my internet down with an error message. It's making me crazy...any ideas??)




Photobucket




1. A whole slew of my current favorite songs are on my newly updated playlist over on the left-hand side of the blog. Check them out....it's an interesting variety, so hopefully you'll find at least one you enjoy!



2. Boys from the South by Pistol Annie. Blonde Oklahoma Girl introduced me to this little group (lead by none other than Miss Miranda Lambert herself) and I love them. Give me a song about southern boys, and you know I'm going to sing right along!



3. Save a Place for Me. I first heard this song at the Little Blonde Headed Kid's funeral and I bet you that I've listened to it 100 times since then. Such a beautiful song about faith....and what comes next.



4. I'd Give Anything by Casey Donahue. Found this song thanks to BFF's baby brother (and one of my favorite kiddos in the world) who is in college in Oklahoma. Thank goodness that boy can keep me connected to the latest red dirt music! Oh, and seriously...Casey Donahue is freaking adorable!



5. Even If It Breaks Your Heart by Eli Young Band. Fair warning...this video may make you car sick if you're like me. But I love this song..."Keep on dreaming even if it breaks your heart." Pretty darn great advice if you ask me!


6. Look What I've Done To Her by Chris Cagle. This is my current favorite song. Seriously, if you walked by office at any time during the past week, you've heard it playing. So great. My favorite line....which I may tattoo in a place where I can see it: "And now it's got me thinking, maybe I was wrong....after all the things I've done to her, now she's strong." Amen to that one!


And just an FYI--my weekend took an unexpected turn on Tuesday morning when Cousin Swiss Mister called to tell me his dad had passed away. So, I'm no longer headed to Oklahoma for work and the football game. I'm now on my way to Nashville, TN to be with Cousin Swiss Mister.



Please say a prayer for him and for the family as we say goodbye to a wonderful man.


3 comments:

Lyndse said...

Please give Cousin Swiss Mister my love, we are all thinking of him and his family!

BOKG

Anonymous said...

Prayers and lots of positive thoughts to Cousin Swiss Mister and his family as they are going through this difficult time.

-College Roomie

MetJ said...

So sorry to heat this, Tiff. I'll be praying for you and your family.