Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Meet the Cast Monday #24: Cousin Swiss Mister

Today I'm excited to introduce you all to Cousin Swiss Mister! You've read about him previously on this blog. He's the one who was kind enough to open his house (and couches!) to Cousin Whitney and I when we went galavanting around Europe. He works in upper level management for Nestle...and I don't really know more because he just confuses me when he tries to explain it. He grew up in the south, went to college in Texas, and he's a southern boy through and through. And he's single....so ladies...feel free to send me your applications. :)



Meet Cousin Swiss Mister!

What is your favorite memory with me?

We came out to visit when you were a baby and there is a picture of you sitting on my lap and me teaching you how to write. {He took credit for this every time I ever graduated! I looked everywhere for that picture but couldn't find it.}


When you applied for a job with Nestle, did you know you would be moving to Europe?

Yes it was a big reason I took the opportunity. One visit an I was amazed with the country. It's very beautiful as you know. Now, had I known I was inheriting a disastrous situation at work, I might have thought a little longer about it. : )

What are the best and worst parts of living in Switzerland?

Best part is the beauty and experiencing another culture and people. It's been a challenge but I think it good to experience such challenges. The role at Nestle has been a mix; the opportunity I incredible but making major change happen is like trying to steer an aircraft carrier with a wooden paddle.

Where all have you traveled in Europe? What is your favorite and least favorite destination?

France, Italy, Germany, Spain, England, Latvia, Greece, and it seems like I'm missing something? I'm strongly considering Israel very soon. It's near impossible to pick a favorite. In Latvia, I felt a little like I was behind the iron curtain. In Rome and Corinth I saw Biblical sites which was incredible. It's always good to have physical evidence of what you believe, especially if you're a rotten sinner like me who falls off the horse at every turn. {Great analogy. Doesn't that describe us all?}

People have read both about your killer horse story and your jumping on a table story. Why don't you tell about those experiences in your own words?

{If you have not read my blogs on the stories, be sure you do that here and here!} It was like throwing a toddler in the water and saying, "swim"! I was a young city slicker out visiting the Wild West and it was the closest I had ever been to a horse. There were no lessons!! The horse ran, I held on for dear life hanging from the side and just a hair from death. It was tramatic. It probably the reason I'm 38 and unmarried. {Mind you the horse was like 100 years old and named "Pet."}

I know that you're looking for The One.....tell us what it is you're looking for in case one of the readers knows her!

Christian, great looking, honest, intelligent, trustworthy, loyal, forgiving, understanding, flexible, etc. : ) {You think pickiness might be genetic??}

What do you miss the most about living in the United States?

English, family, friends, American women, access to everything, variety, great Texas beef, Baylor Bears... Strange, but these are also some of the same things that are nice to be away from at times.


What is one (or more) item(s) on your bucket list?

Hmmm bucket list. That's hard. I've been to a lot of places and done a lot of things. My bucket list is not a place or thing but a family. Does that count? {I have assured him that not only counts, but it's probably a really good pick up line!}

2 comments:

Sue said...

Swiss Mister is one of my very favorite people. Just wish I could see him every once in awhile.

Sean said...

Very nice Tiffy. This Swiss Mister guy sounds pretty great!!!