Wednesday, July 27, 2011

WILW #7

"Be glad of life, because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars." ~Henry Van Dyke

It's time to link up to another What I'm Loving Wednesday with Jamie!




Today I'm Loving.....


1. This woman's story. On Sunday, she will run an ultra marathon (which means two marathons, or 52.4 miles) in honor of her husband, a soldier who was killed in Afghanistan. She says that she's running through her grief. Talk about an inspirational story...

2. That two lovely bloggers invited me to guest blog last week....at Hot Pink Combat Boots I gave a people watching report from prior vacations and at A Step Into My Life I wrote about my travels in Switzerland. Check me out. The people watching one includes a look at my fashion when I was 9 years old. Y'all don't want to miss that.

3. This blog and the quote by Mother Teresa contained in it talking about the poverty of being unwanted. It breaks my heart to think about. Remember this blog I wrote a while back about praying for those for whom no one prays? It's always good for me to be reminded to keep those people in my prayers! And God bless the daddy who wrote this post about his little girl with Down's Syndrome. You can just tell how much he loves her.

4. This awesome song by Justin Moore called "Flying Down a Backroad." Songs about backroads are pretty popular right now.....I also love "Take a Backroad" by Rodney Atkins. I think this means it is time for a trip home soon!


5. This love letter to the author's future husband. So darn funny. Mr. Right....are you out there? Pay attention! :)

6. This song about relationships....seriously love it! Sigh.

7. The Girls from Ames....the book that I am currently reading--it's all about friendships between a group of women who grew up in Ames, Iowa. I'm already planning some blogs based on ideas from the book, so stay tuned for that!

8. That in 36 hours (who's counting), I will be in San Francisco with these lovely ladies!!

6 comments:

Aimee said...

#1 almost made me teary! That is so inspirational! Have you heard of Dirt Road Anthem by Jason Aldean? You might like that too! And I'm way jealous that you are going to San Fran! I've never been but have heard it is awesome! Have fun!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh so many great things here...where to start? Perhaps with that lovely hand in the picture. Seriously. That girl should be a hand model. :) I am so beyond excited that we leave for SF tomorrow!

Love all of what you're loving!

-College Roomie

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for your comment about Italy on my blog. I really cannot wait to go!!!

Seek First said...

wow...I can't believe #1. I know running is therapeutic for me!


I have a fun rosette headband in a giveaway right now--you should come by and enter!
http://sweetestpetunia.blogspot.com/2011/07/discount-giveaway-seek-first.html

Sarah said...

That story is GORGEOUS! And, you definitely have a lot of awesome things to be lovin'!

Anonymous said...

You have amazing loves this week! I am a new follower from WILW

heathergalawhat@yahoo.com