Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Q and A Part Dos

"If you cannot be a poet, be the poem." ~ David Carradine





In case you missed part one of the questions yesterday, you can catch those here! Today we're continuing on answering your questions.

From Blonde Oklahoma Girl:

What is your favorite book of all time?
Oh wow....this is hard. Maybe Traveling Light by Max Lucado. I also really loved Have a Little Faith by Mitch Albom.

Favorite movie?
Also hard.....either 8 Seconds or Remember the Titans.

If you could spend the entire day with someone doing whatever it is you wanted to do and go wherever you wanted to go, who would you spend it with, dead or alive?
I realize that I should say that I want to spend the day making out with someone like Matthew McConaughey. But honestly, I'd want to have a day with Gran and Mr. Franklin. Matthew would be great, but I would jump at the chance to spend more time with two of my favorite people in the world now that they are gone. (Gran would tell me I should have picked Matthew. Mr. Franklin would tell me to stay away from that hairy legged boy.)

Where is one place you absolutely must go that you have never been to?
Oh I have lots of these! Tuscan countryside. Hawaii. Kentucky Derby. Olympics.

What would your very last meal be?
Oh wow, I'm not sure. Maybe fajitas? Or a filet. Oooo or gnocci from my favorite Italian place in San Francisco. Clearly I'm a fatty.

If you won the lottery, what would you do?
Move to the middle of nowhere, buy a bunch of cows and sheep and write a book. Oh and go to all of the "must go" places listed above. Obviously.

Who is your favorite blonde oklahoma girl?
Is there more than one? Nope. You, love, are one of a kind!

From College Roomie:

Explain the expression, "It is what it is," and it's significance to you.
Oh where to even start. College Roomie, McCain and I were sitting around talking one day about how we didn't really understand that expression. People use it all the time and I don't get it, probably because people use it in the wrong contexts. Anyway, we all decided it was stupid. And no lie....not 5 minutes later our new found friend, Biggie, came over and within like 3 sentences said, "It is what it is." I totally choked on the water I was drinking from laughing so hard. Poor Biggie had no idea what was going on. What one event in your past would you like to press rewind on and live over and over again?
I have lots of these too. I think that's the sign of a good life, right? Super fun parts of my childhood--like picking peas and irrigating. A couple of really great fair memories. Several fun nights at OSU--parties at Animal House, scary movie night, football games, the IHOP night. Being a summer associate in San Francisco. Dancing to Notorius in the park with my CM girls. Running Bay to Breakers with College Roomie. Sitting by Lake Geneva eating ice cream with Cousin Swiss Mister and Cousin Whitney. My Notre Dame trip with ND Friend, High School Buddy and Mr. FFA. How excited are you to spend the last weekend in July in San Francisco with three of the awesomest girls ever in life?
Could not be more excited about anything in the world! 8 more days until the fun begins. It's going to be EPIC!

From Micah:

What do you know about Chicago? We are going back there tomorrow for a Cubs game!

My Chicago experience is limitd to my Notre Dame trip, but here ya go! Go to the Bean. I'm not an art person, but it's awesome. Take a walk by the waterfront and along Michigan Avenue---beautiful scenery! But most importantly, you must try the pancakes at Bongo Room. Or risk having me write a blog about you like this one.


From Loud Oklahoma Girl:

When are you moving to Oklahoma?
When the Oklahoma bar gets reciprocity with New Mexico so I don't have to take the bar exam again. Or when Mr. Right decides to propose to me and we get married on the OSU campus. Either or. :)

What does the man of your dreams do, look like, enjoy, ect?
Heck, what do I know? As we've discussed a lot, I seem to have a knack for picking the wrong ones! I am hunting a good, polite, Christian guy. Needs to be tall because I'm short and have dreams of raising college football playing sons you know. Ideally, he owns cows. And square toed boots. And season tickets to OSU football. No, in all seriousness though, I think that the older I get, the more I am convinced that what matters is finding someone who has a good heart and is a good person. (But seriously, season football tickets wouldn't hurt....)
Right now I am only up to about 1 - 1.5 miles in the 100+ degree temps here in OK. Do you think I will be able to run the entire 5K next weekend?
You got this! First off, the high in San Francisco yesterday was a whopping 66 degrees. Compare that with freaking insane temps in OK and you're golden! Plus add in a water stop halfway through and the adrenaline of race day and this is in the bag, sister!

If you were left stranded on a deserted Island and could take 5 things with you what would they be?
My best friends, my family, my laptop, a ski boat, and a bartender.

From The Bride:

I love the quotes on every blog post, what is your absolute favorite quote?
Another hard one. You know I never pick just one of anything. :) I don't know if these are my all time favorites, but I like them a lot.


The world is full of people who will go their whole lives and not actually live one day. She did not intend on being one of them.




Be kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.




Stillwater has a population of thousands, but is home to millions.




"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything.
It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning,
What you do with your evenings,
How you spend your weekends,
What you read,
Who you know,
What breaks your heart, and
What amazes you with joy and gratitude.
Fall in love and stay in love, and it will decide everything."
- Fr. Pedro Arrupe




If you weren't a lawyer, what would you be doing?
That would depend on why I wasn't a lawyer. If it was because I won the lottery, I would be living in the middle of nowhere with a bunch of cows and sheep writing a book. :) No, for real, I don't know. People tell me I would have been a good therapist. Maybe that.

2 comments:

Lyndse said...

Great answers love!

8 days until San Fran!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome answers! I love this blog game you should totally do it again!
~Loud Oklahoma Girl