She lives in Alberta, Canada with her amazing Texan Husband and her new baby boy, Braxton. She is (and trust me, I'll leave stuff out here...) an Arbonne consultant, an author, a blogger, a life coach, and a self-described "enthusiasm expert." You will never meet a person with more energy or a better outlook on life. So today, it's my pleasure to introduce you to....
The Crazy Canadian!
What is your favorite junior college judging memory?
Our entire trip to Louisville, KY! I love to travel, so getting to visit Churchill Downs and the Louisville Slugger plant were highlights. Driving by the gorgeous horse ranches with the perfectly landscaped grounds with gated entries and beatiful fences are vivid scenes in my memory! The judging contest was so high caliber and I was so pumped to have my best competition.
Our entire trip to Louisville, KY! I love to travel, so getting to visit Churchill Downs and the Louisville Slugger plant were highlights. Driving by the gorgeous horse ranches with the perfectly landscaped grounds with gated entries and beatiful fences are vivid scenes in my memory! The judging contest was so high caliber and I was so pumped to have my best competition.
If I'm smart I'd stop responding to this question now... as the post-contest festivities got a bit out of hand. Thankfully there was another woman on our team that nicely took care of me - thanks Tiffy - oh the memories. {Oh if I could only share stories....that was quite the night for everyone on our team!} Overall, my entire livestock judging experience was amazing. I'm so blessed that our paths crossed, even it took both of us moving to Dodge City, KS - as I made a lifelong friend in YOU Tiffany!
Was it hard to keep Braxton's name a secret? Why did you decide not to tell anyone until he arrived?
It was very hard! Texan Husband & I decided on Braxton's name just after we found out he was a boy. So for nearly four months, we talked to Braxton by name in the womb. We'd talk about him as if he was already born. It got really tough when our baby conversations were in ear shot of more than just Texan Husband & I! We decided to keep it a secret, as it was the only surprise left. Once we learned the gender of our baby - which I'm guessing probably only 50% of my Canadian friends do - the name was the only unknown. Naming your unborn child is not common in Canada at all - whereas it's way more common in the United States! It's an interesting mix to have both sides of the border represented when making decisions! {I wrote this question when I was DYING to know what his name would be. I'm far less shocked by their approach now that he's here. :)}
What is the best part about owning your own businesses/working from home? The worst part?
The best part is being able to choose your hours and where you work! With Texan Husband traveling for his job - I've been able to work from my home office, on the road wherever he is headed, from my parents 3 hours away, from a Starbucks, the beach, you name it! The worst part - PRE-baby was being a workaholic - I was terrible at managing my time. Now POST-baby, I've had to work in the nooks and crannies of my day. I'm slowly learning how to balance being a Mom and Mompreneur! When you love what you do, you never work another day in your life.
What has been your favorite travel destination?
Oh it's so hard to pick! Our Mediterranean Cruise that we took for our honeymoon, that stopped in 7 places in 3 European countries was a trip of a lifetime. I also LOVE Sedona, AZ - it's one of the most breathtaking places I've been to. I'm also slightly addicted to Las Vegas - 7 trips in the past 8 years! My last trip when I was 4 months pregnant, Texan Husband informed me that I better get it out of my system before our baby arrives - I begged to differ. I love the bright lights and am secretly planning a trip to run the half marathon during the NFR and awesome Cowboy Christmas shopping...in a couple years! {I'm totally in for this...let's get Miss Canada on board and it will be the perfect girls weekend! Yes, I just invited myself on her trip. She won't mind.}
You're the only person who I know that has ever eloped. Tell us why you decided to do it and how it worked out!
Texan Husband and I had been dating nearly two years and knew we were going to get married. I didn't have a ring on my finger yet, but we had picked a date for the next summer and even booked a hall for the reception! With our families 3000 miles apart, we knew either way that one side would have to travel depending on whether we married in Texas or Alberta. Honestly, Texan Husband causually suggested we elope in hopes of taking an Option B route to getting him into Canada. I jumped at the opportunity and his informal proposal and 3 days later we had a secret wedding! Eloping was absolutely perfect for us and I would do it over exactly the same way (with Texan Husband of course!). {I will never forget getting that call in the hallway of the law school getting ready to go into class....she asked if I was sitting down. I asked if she was pregnant. Ha!}
What do you know about life now that you didn't know when you were 18?
This is a tough question Tiffany! The first thing that comes to mind is Credit Cards are the devil!! {Amen to that, sister!} Ha ha... I wrote in my book that I read recently that it in order to make a million, you have to spend a million and that I was right on track. I don't regret anything in my life - I am blessed by the opportunities I've been given and experiences I've learned from. Honestly, I don't think I knew 10 years ago that life would be THIS amazing! {Told you guys she had the best attitude ever, no?}
It was very hard! Texan Husband & I decided on Braxton's name just after we found out he was a boy. So for nearly four months, we talked to Braxton by name in the womb. We'd talk about him as if he was already born. It got really tough when our baby conversations were in ear shot of more than just Texan Husband & I! We decided to keep it a secret, as it was the only surprise left. Once we learned the gender of our baby - which I'm guessing probably only 50% of my Canadian friends do - the name was the only unknown. Naming your unborn child is not common in Canada at all - whereas it's way more common in the United States! It's an interesting mix to have both sides of the border represented when making decisions! {I wrote this question when I was DYING to know what his name would be. I'm far less shocked by their approach now that he's here. :)}
What is the best part about owning your own businesses/working from home? The worst part?The best part is being able to choose your hours and where you work! With Texan Husband traveling for his job - I've been able to work from my home office, on the road wherever he is headed, from my parents 3 hours away, from a Starbucks, the beach, you name it! The worst part - PRE-baby was being a workaholic - I was terrible at managing my time. Now POST-baby, I've had to work in the nooks and crannies of my day. I'm slowly learning how to balance being a Mom and Mompreneur! When you love what you do, you never work another day in your life.
What has been your favorite travel destination?
Oh it's so hard to pick! Our Mediterranean Cruise that we took for our honeymoon, that stopped in 7 places in 3 European countries was a trip of a lifetime. I also LOVE Sedona, AZ - it's one of the most breathtaking places I've been to. I'm also slightly addicted to Las Vegas - 7 trips in the past 8 years! My last trip when I was 4 months pregnant, Texan Husband informed me that I better get it out of my system before our baby arrives - I begged to differ. I love the bright lights and am secretly planning a trip to run the half marathon during the NFR and awesome Cowboy Christmas shopping...in a couple years! {I'm totally in for this...let's get Miss Canada on board and it will be the perfect girls weekend! Yes, I just invited myself on her trip. She won't mind.}
You're the only person who I know that has ever eloped. Tell us why you decided to do it and how it worked out!
Texan Husband and I had been dating nearly two years and knew we were going to get married. I didn't have a ring on my finger yet, but we had picked a date for the next summer and even booked a hall for the reception! With our families 3000 miles apart, we knew either way that one side would have to travel depending on whether we married in Texas or Alberta. Honestly, Texan Husband causually suggested we elope in hopes of taking an Option B route to getting him into Canada. I jumped at the opportunity and his informal proposal and 3 days later we had a secret wedding! Eloping was absolutely perfect for us and I would do it over exactly the same way (with Texan Husband of course!). {I will never forget getting that call in the hallway of the law school getting ready to go into class....she asked if I was sitting down. I asked if she was pregnant. Ha!}
What do you know about life now that you didn't know when you were 18?This is a tough question Tiffany! The first thing that comes to mind is Credit Cards are the devil!! {Amen to that, sister!} Ha ha... I wrote in my book that I read recently that it in order to make a million, you have to spend a million and that I was right on track. I don't regret anything in my life - I am blessed by the opportunities I've been given and experiences I've learned from. Honestly, I don't think I knew 10 years ago that life would be THIS amazing! {Told you guys she had the best attitude ever, no?}
Where is your absolute favorite place to go clothes shopping?Oh geez - I don't have a favorite!? I'm more of a browser of many stores and when I see a WOW piece, I grab and run! My outfits are made up of my favorites, thrown together - with a splash of accessories. I'm addicted to Silpada jewelry! I also fear being on the "What Not To Wear" show for my shoes - I would almost rather bathing suit shop than buy footwear. Ultimately, if money grew on trees, I'd have a personal shopper! {I asked her this because I distinctly remember a huge fight starting between her and Flintstone while we were in college. We were in her dorm room and for some unknown reason Flintstone was going through her closet. He found a couple of things with the tags still on them and flipped out on her about buying too much stuff. She flipped out right back on him for not going to class and I had to enter in as the peacemaker. Good times!}
You recently wrote and published your first book. Will there be a second book?Yes! One day...in the meantime I want to work on marketing my first book! {Yay! You can purchase her first book, Live an Amazing Life here. And while we're waiting on her second book, I totally recommend you check out her series of posts on her blog that chronical her love story...Swept Off My Feet By A Texan.}
What is one (or more) item(s) on your bucket list?
Take both of our families (Our Texas & Alberta parents, sisters, brothers & kids) on separate trips full of experiences!
Travel to Australia - visiting wine country to the penguins marching, cattle stations to the Sydney Opera House and everything in between
Be in a balloon during the Albuquerque Balloon Festival! Wonder if I'll have a place to stay ;) {Not only will you have a place to stay, but I think College Roomie may have the hook up on a balloon to ride in!}




3 comments:
Love love love the Crazy Canadian! Hands down the most positive and upbeat person I've ever met. Yay for coming to NM for the Balloon Fiesta!
-College Roomie
Awwww, love this!! She is amazing for writing her own book!!
Thanks for the helpful comment regarding law school on my blog. I love your idea of "interviewing friends and family". Such a great way to get answers to those questions you've always wondered but never ventured to ask ;)
Post a Comment