Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Letters to Mr. Right: Letter #20

"I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments, when they aren't trying to teach us. We are formed by little scraps of wisdom.”  ~Umberto Eco, Foucault's Pendulum

Dear Mr. Right,

Last Sunday I overheard a daddy tucking his son into bed.  I watched as he carried the pajama-clad one year old into his bedroom room.  And then I listened as the daddy said prayers with the son and then softly sang Jesus Loves Me.  This man's man--a cowboy who wears boots and sorts cattle all day and who served a tour in the army in Iraq--took the time to gently say goodnight to his son.  And my heart melted.

Photo via Super Mom's blog
As excited as I am about you loving me, I'm even more excited about you loving our little ones.

(Who with any luck will be college football stars in the making.)

Until that day,

Me

6 comments:

Katy Robertson said...

I think most women are excited to see their men be daddies. Dave is a man's man too, but I get his gentle side (sometimes) The only other person who gets his sweet tender side is his niece...so I can't wait to see him with our kids.

Maybe you will meet a cowboy in college station???

Britt Fisk said...

Oh gosh, Tiff, thanks for posting this. So beautiful and I am so thankful for him!

And you!

Allie said...

Love this, Tiffany!! Jeremy is a great example of a daddy! And I'm just a teensy bit jealous you got to see everyone this weekend :)

Anonymous said...

Tiffany,
I think of that song "I thought I loved you then" when I think about how I loved Cody when we met, and how I love him now. There is no way possible to share how much more I love him today, and for a large part because of how great of a dad he is to JD and Abby. Have a great day, thank you for sharing.

Kayla

Anonymous said...

Mr. Right will be a great dad to the future football stars. Or ballerinas, because, well, Aunt Amy thinks we should keep our options open.

-College Roomie

Nicole said...

Awww, this just melts my heart :)