I think that some women are just made to be mamas. You know the ones I'm talking about? The ones who you can just tell were destined to wear an apron while whipping up gourmet food, and to drive the kids to football practice and ballet lessons all whilst looking completely put together, and who magically seem to know how to sew whatever crazy costume the child needs for the school play? Well, my friend, Necia, is one of those women.
We met in college at Oklahoma State, and became fast friends. She and I were on the Mock Trial team together when she got pregnant with her son, Andrew.
![]() |
| Me, Necia and our friend Amy - 2005 |
![]() |
| Mock Trial Team 2006 - Mat and Necia are the 2nd and 3rd from the right |
One night when she called me crying and said she needed to go to the ER, that something was wrong, and that her husband was at work. I picked her up and drove her to the hospital. They ordered an ultrasound to be sure that there was still a heartbeat. I will never forget the ultrasound technician coming in and asking how many times she had been pregnant. She responded, "Five." He then asked how many babies she had. She responded, "None." He said he didn't understand, and I think that my death glare made it pretty clear that he needed to stop asking those kinds of questions. But even then, before Andrew had arrived, Necia was a mama.
![]() |
| Me and baby Andrew circa 2007 |
They are waiting on a court date and are raising the money necessary to complete the adoption and travel to Seoul to get their boy. You can follow their story on Necia's blog.
If you are so inclined, you may donate here. Even if you can't donate, they will for sure take all the prayers that they can get, and those are free to give!



6 comments:
Necia is such a good mama!
Prayers for her and her family.
-College Roomie
Thanks Tiff!! I had forgotten about that ultrasound tech. I'm sure he hasn't though. I love the pic of you and Andrew!
Necia
Oh my gosh, bless them! What an inspiration, and what precious kids!!
As someone who has had a miscarriage before and had an experience with a VERY insensitive ultrasound tech, I can sympathize with her. Bless their little family. God will bring the little guy home to them :) Sending prayers for their family :)
What a sweet story. The video made me bawl!! What a amazing family...praying for them and Isaac!! Hope they get to meet soon!
Tear jerker! What a sweet Momma. Prayers for them!!!
Post a Comment