I see that you have been in quite a few weddings, do you have a go to gift for the couple, the shower and/or the bachelorette?
I have been in quite a few weddings.....I'm actually quite close to having a double digit number of bridesmaid dresses hanging in my closet. I am not, however, a very good gift-giver. Do you go with the registry? Do you venture out? I never really know. But here is advice that several brides and BFF have told me. I tend to believe them: Give us money. It's true, people would rather have money or a gift card a lot of the times than the third set of mixing bowls. I use this example because more than once after his wedding, BFF called me screaming about all the mixing bowls in his house. Weddings are expensive. Honeymoons are expensive. Life is expensive. Yes, I know it's not etiquette and it's not personal, but I've never seen anyone complain about a little green in an envelope.
I was catching up on blogs and read the one about the green river. How much green dye does it take to turn a river green? And for that matter, how much orange dye does it take for the fountain at OSU on homecoming?
Excellent questions. I have no idea. I had never put together the fact that I love the orange fountain and the green river---apparently I like water being dyed! I never watched the dyeing of the fountain at OSU, was that open to the public? I did, however, watch the green river dying. There comes along a speed boat all the way down the river and a little guy in said speed boat dumps out a crap ton (technical term) of dye all down the river. Then he'll circle back and dump some more. It really was something to see!
![]() |
| OSU fountain dyed orange for homecoming - 2008 |
![]() |
| Boat dumping dye in Chicago - 2012 |
When do you plan to see College Roomie again? It's been toooo long already.
Amen. Too long indeed. I miss the days when I saw you every day in our happy little home on Duck Street in Stillwater, Oklahoma. Complete with boys doing homework in the Judge's chair, gas leaks, organized dishes, BFF sleeping on Snuggles, and burned popcorn. Okay.....well for sure I'll see you at Blonde Oklahoma Girl's wedding in August. I'll be in NM several times this summer to go to the lake, so perhaps you and McCain can tear yourselves away from your bookstore dates and come to the lake with The Boy from Texas and me?? I'll drive the boat safely and you can wear floaties.
![]() |
| College Roomie and I - Our little apartment - 2006 |
With all of the traveling you've done, which place would you visit again in a heartbeat? And which has been your favorite place to travel to?
Oh, sister, I could write for days on just one of these questions! I absolutely love to travel and have fallen in love with several places that I've been. I also really struggle with wanting to go back to the same places instead of finding new, equally awesome places. That said, I'm giving you a Top 5 list (It's actually kinda 7...) in no particular order.
1. San Francisco. It's no secret that I love this city. The energy, the breeze off the bay, the food, the Golden Gate....I'm in love. Plus I spent a life-changing summer there back in 2008, so it holds a special place in my heart. I've taken a ton of people there from my girlfriends to my cowboy hat wearing, rancher of a father and they have all LOVED it. It's a must. Oh, and last thing, if you're a runner....the SF Marathon lets you run across the Golden Gate Bridge and back and Bay to Breakers is the most fun race ever! Top stop: Alcatraz tour.
![]() |
| Girls Weekend - San Francisco - 2011 |
2. Costa Rica. If you're up for some crazy adventure, book your trip right this minute. I almost drown white water rafting (other than that scary part that day was awesome!), saw smoke spewing from a volcano, parasailed, soaked in a hot springs, ziplined and Tarzan swung through the jungle, swam under a waterfall.....seriously, it's an adrenaline junkie paradise down there. It's also beautiful, I felt totally safe (save the whole drowning incident), and it's quite reasonably priced! Oh, plus, after a few days analyzing our love lives in the sun both Blonde Oklahoma Girl and I ended up with boyfriends and dream jobs, so that's something to think about.... Top stop: White water rafting near La Fortuna.
![]() |
| That's us, white water rafting - Costa Rica - 2012 |
![]() |
| Cully, Switzerland - 2009 |
![]() |
| First ND Game - 2010 |
5. Rome. Here's the thing about Rome...it's a bit more "big city" than I usually like. But, there is just something about walking around ancient ruins and seeing things like the Coliseum or the Sistine Chapel that you've seen in books and on tv your whole life with your own eyes. Plus there are amazingly beautiful Piazzas that you just stumble upon when you turn a corner. In my mind, Rome is a must see, but maybe not somewhere I'd venture back to repeatedly. Oh, but the lasagna? For real.
![]() |
| Piazza del Popolo - Rome - 2009 |
6. Poland or Vienna (stick with me here). I realize that "Poland or Vienna" really doesn't narrow things down too much. But I think that depending on your personality, you'll like one over the other. Poland is beautiful, rural, and more quiet. If you are a Pope John Paul II fanatic (like me) and enjoy small towns (like me), I predict you'll love Poland. If, on the other hand, you are more into big cities and shopping and culture, you'll love Vienna. Top stops: Poland--Pope John Paul II Tour. Vienna--St. Stephens Cathedral (it will seriously take your breath away!)
| St. Stephens Cathedral - Vienna - 2013 |








No comments:
Post a Comment