Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Itch

I'm starting to feel it.  It usually start slowly and then before I know it, it takes over.  It's the itch.  The itch to just GO.  Pack up a suitcase and a passport and see something new.


Although no international travel is currently on my radar, I've got some fun domestic trips headed my way.

In June I will make my very first trip to Boston!  I am super excited about this and have my fingers crossed that I can squeeze in a game at Fenway (bucket list!) while I'm there!  This summer I'll also be checking Minnesota and Pennsylvania off my list thanks to presentations I'll be giving in Minneapolis and at Penn State.

I've also got a few "repeat" places on tap.  In less than a month I'm headed to Indy where I will give a presentation and see my Hometown Friend.  In July I'll be off to Chicago to see ND Friend marry Tiny Dancer in what is sure to be the coolest wedding ever.  In November, I'll head to DC for another conference and while there I plan to meet up with my blogger friend Katy, my old buddy King of Capitol Hill, and I swear if it kills me I am going to see the Holocaust Museum (I've been to DC like 5 times and never made it there!)

And I've got a few NM/TX/OK destinations as well.  Frequent trips to see a cute boy who lives 9 hours away will keep happening.  Blonde Oklahoma Girl will be having a bachelorette party at a lake and a beautiful wedding in a barn that will take me to Oklahoma City.  I'll head to NM to hang out with Aunt and Uncle Evil Kineval at their new lake house and to see my sweet friend Baby Hepburn graduate from high school.  I'm hoping to convince The Boy from Texas that we need to spend a weekend in Fredricksburg...that place looks fun!  And because I'll be teaching a class at the Texas A&M University Law School in Ft. Worth next semester, I'm foreseeing some fun in Cow Town in my future!  Oh, and then throw in an awesome family reunion with my dad's side of things...no date is set, but it has been said, "The kegerator will be in attendance."  That's how we roll.

What trips are on YOUR agenda for the remainder of 2014??  I'm always hunting new ideas!

4 comments:

Jen@Almost Gypsy Soul said...

Oh man! I've been feeling the itch lately too. I even was online shopping for airline tickets yesterday...to where? anywhere! Holocaust museaum is a must see, humbling and shocking but a must see.

Britt Fisk said...

Man, you have a busy, but fun few months ahead!!! Do. Not. Miss. the Holocaust museum. It's the best thing in DC!

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo!! These are great trips on your agenda. :)

I hope you can squeeze in an OSU game with McCain and I! TBD which one. But he can't go another season without seeing a game live!

-College Roomie

Brianne said...

I get that itch all the time. Woo woo for MN.