The Boy from Texas Comments: "It's not bad for a bunch of rice and a bell pepper."
My Rating: 4/5.
Stuffed Bell Peppers
6 large green bell peppers
1 pound ground beef
1/2 C chopped onion (I don't like onions, so I always just sprinkle some minced onion for flavor)
16 oz can diced tomatoes (I used diced tomatoes with green chile because I'm from New Mexico)
1/2 C white rice
1/2 C water
1 t salt
1 t pepper
1 t Worcestershire sauce
1 C shredded cheddar jack cheese
Cut tops off of peppers, discard membranes and seeds. Chop enough from the tops to have 1/4 C chopped bell pepper.
Take whole peppers and slice in half longways. Put them in boiling water for about 5 minutes. Set upside down to dry. Sprinkle insides lightly with salt. Set aside.
Brown ground beef, onion, and 1/4 C chopped bell pepper until meat is cooked and veggies are tender. Drain off fat and return to pan.
Add in tomatoes, uncooked rice, water, salt, Worcestershire, and pepper. Bring to boil, cover, reduce heat to simmer. Cook for about 20 minutes or so until rice is done.
Heat oven to 350. Place peppers into baking dish.
When rice is ready, add in cheese and mix well. Stuff peppers with meat mixture.
Bake for 30 minutes.

1 comment:
Looks yummy, I love stuffed bell peppers. I've started a new breakfast stuffed bell pepper to bring to school with me. Same basic concept, except the filling is eggs, breakfast meat (diced ham, bacon, sausage crumbles), green chile, and whatever else you like in your eggs. Bake them and then top them with cheese.
Post a Comment