Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Butterflies Into Boxes

"Quit hanging on to the handrails . . . Let go. Surrender. Go for the ride of your life. Do it every day." ~Melody Beattie

Well.....The Bride outdid herself on my Christmas present this year. Seriously---she always has the best, most creative ideas! Here's the deal....
About two weeks before Christmas, under the guise of creating her own, she asked if I would email her my bucket list. Now, I sort of have a policy that I don't talk much about list items until they are checked off, but I certainly don't show anyone the WHOLE list. But, because I thought she was using my list as inspiration for her own, I emailed her my list.

Turns out, The Bride is sneaky! She used my list to create my Christmas present! She took each item on my list and wrote it on a little butterfly. (Thanks to her for taking this awesome picture below....check out more of her photography talents here!)
Then she sent me the butterflies so that I could put them up somewhere to have a visual reminder of my bucket list. When I accomplish a goal, I will take the butterfly off of the board and put it into a little keepsake box. (Actually I got a jar, but "Butterflies Into Boxes" just had such a good ring to it...)

Now....even though I hear tons of people talking about how important visualizing goals are (The Crazy Canadian is a huge proponent of this in her book), I have never really taken this up. But now, thanks to The Bride, I've got my bucket list board ready to roll for 2011!

Here's to all of us putting butterflies into boxes (or jars!) based on our own list this year!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I love how that turned out on your board! Super Cute!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea, Kristin! It looks terrific, Tiff. I hope a lot of those butterflies make it into the jar this year. :)

-CR

Tiffany said...

Kris--I was going to email that to you earlier, but wanted to surprise you on the blog! :)

CR--it really was a great idea! I love gifts that are personal (and affordable to do!)

RobynBeazley said...

What an amazing gift!! LOVE the idea Kristen ;)