Saturday, January 29, 2011

Photos of the Week: Week 4

First off.....I'm happy to announce the winner of our January Giveaway....Jennifer Zachary! (Shoot me a facebook message with your address and I'll get it in the mail to you!) Thanks for playing everyone!

Well our little project continues this week! I am happy to report that this little project got me out and about and seeing things that I hadn't seen before! I had a great time doing some exploring around and think that it paid off in the pictures I got! I also focused on doing a little bit of editing this week on each of the photos (with tutoring from The Bride). I am brand new at this, but it was fun to play with the different effects. To show you the differences, I put the before and after photos for you to compare. Hope you guys enjoy!

Theme: Hopes and Dreams

(Before)

I was in Santa Fe last week meeting with a client. I went up a little early so that I would have time to stop by the St. Francis Cathedral and to take pictures of the Loretto Chapel (you'll see pictures of that in the coming weeks!) I love the St. Francis Cathedral--it's beautiful and peaceful, and it was a great place to start my morning! While I was walking in, I noticed the Prayer of St. Francis on the wall. While I had only intended to take photos inside Loretto, I quickly took out my camera to get a shot of this plaque. When I edited, I loved how the photo almost looked like a light was shining on the words. Anyway, this is one of my favorite prayers, and I hope to live my life this way!

Theme: Liquid

(Before)

When I saw this was the theme for the week, I knew immediately that I had to go take some photos at the river. I hate to admit it, but I had never been on the path next to it.....I'm SO glad that this little project got me out exploring because it is beautiful down there! I had several shots that I liked, but this one was my favorite. I'm hoping to find a way to either use the others for an upcoming theme, or incorporate them into a blog post.....so stay tuned (and cross your fingers for a theme of "bridge"soon!)

Theme: Tree


(Before)

Lucky for me, there were a lot of tree photo options at the river! I took several "normal" tree shots, but really liked the strange angle of this one for some reason. I loved this focus that made the sky brighter and the focus more on the center of the picture.


Theme: Tired

(Before)
I love my bed. And my bedding. And my whole room, actually. And when I get really tired, all I can think of is snuggling up under the covers! I thought that the editing just made the lighting better and some of the colors pop more.

No comments: