"The rule on tailgating here: There are no rules, so plop your canopy down, set up your lawn chairs, fire up the grill and party." ~ Dave Hollingsworth
Just so we're clear, I went to school at Oklahoma State. And lived a block from the football stadium. This girl knows how to tailgate.
But apparently they do it differently in the south.....it involves taxidermy, chandeliers, floral arrangements and private bar tenders. There were no grills, no kegs, and no touch football games. Instead there were linen tablecloths, fine wine, stuffed foxes and floral arrangements.
But apparently they do it differently in the south.....it involves taxidermy, chandeliers, floral arrangements and private bar tenders. There were no grills, no kegs, and no touch football games. Instead there were linen tablecloths, fine wine, stuffed foxes and floral arrangements.
Taxidermy
Apparently the rich folk don’t leave home for a steeplechase without bringing along their stuffed foxes. Seriously…..we saw three. And people were mesmerized by them. I mean I can’t even tell you how many people took freaking pictures with these things.
These people apparently brought not only their fox, but also a chandelier....
What do these foxes have to do with anything? I haven’t a clue.
Food and Drink
Everyone said it would be like a tailgate, but it wasn’t like one I’ve ever been to. The people we went with had their own bartender who was serving your choice of 4 different wines. There was one fancy person kind of beer (meaning no Coors Light or Corona which are really staples where I come from).
And don't worry, Mrs. Top Gun was drinking sparkling cider purchased just for her and the little Top Guns growing in her belly!
There were beautiful flower decorations on every table. Then there were these gourmet spreads of food. 
The Rides
Then we have the fancy cars. Everyone drove out in the middle of the “Member’s Hill” where we were in their Bentleys and Porches. The friend of Mr. and Mrs. Top Gun who got us tickets showed up in his Bentley. Here we are posing in front of (read: blocking) the car. Notice the jeep on the left. There was some grumblings about it being there. I bet it's not back next year.
Audi was a race sponsor, so they had their newest car there in every color.
I was a bad photographer when it came to the cars. There was one really fancy car that parked next to us, but I learned the guy we were there with didn't like him because last year, his car stole "our" Bentley's thunder. I protested by not getting a picture. I'm nothing if not loyal.
My favorite part of these fancy cars? There they all were, parked in the middle of a freaking field at a horse race, with cows in the background.
3 comments:
Glad to see your blog is back! I was worried there for a bit. Nevertheless, I keep trying to make sense of the fox thing...my only conclusion is that I *think* that steeplechasing goes back to fox hunting and so therein lies the relationship to a horse race and a dead fox. But I don't know that for fact.
Oh my, horse racing tailgates are something else aren't they? We have a Steeplechase here in Georgia and it's the exact same thing. I think it's neat once a year-I'm much more of a college football kind of tailgate girl lol! xoxo
For you and your child's wellbeing, you have to take an informed decision regarding birth control after pregnancy. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]Mulberry outlet shop[/url] You can also rent handsets through the telecom service . [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]http://www.goosecoatsale.ca[/url] Koqmdusgl
[url=http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk]pandora jewellery[/url] Pcrsibuzk [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose canada[/url] wkyyzswkh
Post a Comment