Thursday, June 16, 2011

Another Edition of.....Brain Dump

“Dream what you want to dream, go where you want to go, be what you want to be. Because you only have one life and one chance to do it all.” ~ Unknown


Sorry guys....but today we're having alot of randomness being shared on this blog. This is because I failed to get a post for today written over the weekend, and I haven't had time to knock something out this week. Here we go.....

First, I'm trying to transition myself to running in the mornings. It sucks. I hate it. But, it's so stinkin' hot in the evenings here that I either have to run early and melt, or run late and risk being kidnapped. Neither appeal to me. So.....ND Friend has graciously agreed to call me in the mornings and get my booty out of bed. That's friendship, folks. And I have to do what she says, because she ran the Boston Marathon, which means, she's a rock star!


Second, I have had these songs on repeat all week. Yes, they are also sort of random. Which is fitting.






Third, I wish I had a Polish boyfriend. Just so we could have conversations like this.


Fourth, Blonde Oklahoma Girl posted a great blog about overanalyzing things and asked the following question: "Do you think we over-analzye issues becuase we are trying to get the answer we really want?" Um.....talk about me feeling like someone nailed it right on the head. That's me To. A. Tee. Holy cow....that girl should be a shrink for sure!


Fifth, I cannot wait until Girls Weekend 2011 (I try and tell myself this when I'm waking up at 6 am to leave my comfy bed to go running....) in San Francisco! 6 weeks, baby! We have booked hotels and flights, have a line on a wine tasting tour to Napa and Sonoma, will be singing karaoke with my friend Georgia Boy and I can't even wait to see what else we come up with! Can we top this memory?
Well, all we can do is try. And try we will!

Sixth, speaking of dancing and memories, I was watching the Belmont last weekend (y'all know I don't miss a horse race!) and loved when they played New York, New York. Took me right back to college---and 1:00 am---and Murphys---and me and the girls rocking our kickline to that song. Sigh. I almost got up and did a kickline right in my living room.

Finally, remember how last Saturday I was going to post the giveaway winner? Oops! See what happens when I don't put things in my planner (which, by the way, is the old school paper kind and I refuse to change!) when I set a deadline?

Anyway...drumroll please....our winner is: Dawn from Musings from the Pigg Pen! Shoot me an email with your mailing address and I will get that package on its happy way!

2 comments:

Lyndse said...

I love the brain dump today, lots of very important random thoughts. Props to ND friend calling you in the AM...that wouldn't happen from this friend, I can barely get out of bed in the AM. Me a shrink? That's funny...but I do have some wisdom every once in a while.

I.CAN.NOT.WAIT.FOR.SAN.FRAN!!!

We must do a kickline while there. It's pretty much mandatory.

Love you lots!

Anonymous said...

Good stuff dumped this morning. Why does "dump" sound like such a dirty word?

So excited for Girls Weekend 2011! Topping the Notorious memory - well, we'll certainly give it the ol' college try. If anyone can do it, we can.

-College Roomie