Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Photos of the Week - Week 25

Did you guys miss me? I know at least a couple of you did. The Oklahoma Girls both emailed me to see if my blog was broken since there had been no post since Friday. That's friendship, girls. :) Prepare yourselves, this post is pretty all over the place.

First off, I am guest blogging today for Liv over at Sunshine and Daisies. Be sure to check me out and hear my thoughts on bucket lists!

Secondly, I wanted to explain the lack of posting. On Friday afternoon my friend McCain and I headed to what must be the most remote location in New Mexico to be with College Roomie when she said goodbye to her dad. (For those of you who might not remember--and who care about the relationships of people on the blog--these two date. Thanks to yours truly. I know, I know, I'm awesome.)

Although it was a tragic occasion, I have to say, the trip itself and the people who we got to meet were wonderful. Be expecting a blog soon where I rant and rave about how great small town people are. Shocking, I know. And I also want to thank all of you who were so kind as to send comments and prayers to College Roomie and her family. You guys are the best. Now, back to the story.

And finally, I'm going to do a little catch up on some photos. Even though we really were in a beautiful place, I only snapped one picture. Here is McCain, trying to stand and just the right angle to get enough cell service to send a text message. LOVE it. Shortly thereafter we drove to the gas station in town because the owner, Chuck, apparently has some connection with the cell phone Gods and gets service. And I mean not just texting--phone call service! Now...do you see why no blogging happened?

Anyway, I dove back into the archives for this week's photos. Hope you enjoy. I'll be back on track next week with our regularly scheduled programming.


Theme: Project 64 - Goldenrod

This is another one of the shots I took at the Santa Fe National Cemetery a couple months back. The sunflower was the perfect shade of goldenrod! Go visit the other entries at Project 64!


Theme: Quotography - Summer


In honor of the fact that Girls Weekend 2011 is ONE MONTH....you heard me right, girls....ONE MONTH away....I knew this photo and quote was perfect for the My Perspective Quotography theme. Here are the Oklahoma Girls on our bay cruise back in 2008 all bundled up in hoodies and ski jackets. Cannot wait to be back there again (you know, except the whole running 13 miles thing...)

Theme: Red, White and Blue
I know you gys might be getting sick of my photos from the Korean War Memorial in DC, but I just can't tell you how much I love that memorial and how moving I think it is. I really liked this shot of the soldier with the red, white and blue wreath in the background. Check out the other entries on Friday at Live Every Moment!

4 comments:

Lyndse said...

My butt sure looks good in those jeans, must have been due to the fifty times we climbed good ass hill to get to your apartment. We must climb that hill just once when we are back!

Glad to have you back in the blogging world!

BOKG

Unknown said...

I've been MIA on blogging with our move and all-things are everywhere and it's been so overwhelming and I'm trying to get things situated, but it just doesn't seem to be happening. But, I finally read through all your posts today and I don't have the time to comment on all 10 of them, but I just wanted to let you know that I did read them all and very much enjoyed them and the pictures as always :) So glad the dress made it safely to you! :) I hope you have a blessed day! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Love the blog and pic! Super ready for our trip! Miss you and amys faces!
~loud Oklahoma girl

Nicolasa @ {My}Perspective said...

Ha! Great quote! :-)