Three stories. Three eye opening experiences. Three God sightings.
Better Days.
I went to a funeral last week for my friends' grandpa. It was in a tiny Catholic Church in a tiny town. Before the service started, Little Brother whispered to me, "This church has seen better days." After looking around, I agreed. The walls were cracked. The wallpaper in the front was peeling off. The pews were rickety. There were large holes where insulation was showing.
A little while later, I looked around and changed my mind. The church was filled to the brim with people there to pay their respects to Grandpa Ernie and to support his family. Everyone was standing and singing "Amazing Grace" together. As I looked around, despite the physical condition of the church building, I thought, "You know, I don't know if it does get better than this."
Just Singing.
I was in church last week sitting a couple of rows behind a woman in a wheelchair. She couldn't use her hands and could hardly move her arms. While we were singing one song, all about the love that God has for us and how wonderful his blessings are, I noticed the woman in her chair. She had her arms raised up as high as she could and sang her heart out. She thanked God for her blessings and for his love and you would have never known the struggles she faced.
It's That Simple.
While I was hanging out with Little Cowboy a couple weekends ago, talking mostly about guns and roping (our favorite topics), he asked me out of the blue, "Do you know why Jesus died?" I asked him why. He said, "For our sin. And now we can go to Heaven." And just like that, we went back to discussing hte importance of having a two holster gun belt when fighting bad guys.
5 comments:
This is beautiful. Great messages.
-College Roomie
This is perfect. Why is it that as we get older we complicate things in life, when it really is that simple.
That little boy just might be a genius.
Really, really like this one. The beauty of life really is simple. Humans should be ashamed of how we complicate it.
Mom
Such a simple truth!! I'm sure that was a wonderful experience. Great post! xoxo
Loved reading this post, it's so true :)
xo
Post a Comment