As soon as the race was over, we all headed to Crepevine for breakfast and mimosas! This little event has become a tradition after College Roomie, Nomad and I went there after Bay to Breakers. This time, I had amazing pumpkin spice pancakes. And a mimosa. A girl has to get her Vitamin C you know! Health first!
Anyway, because we're hard core like that, we decided to get out and about instead of laying around taking a nap or something normal people would have done. (Looking back, I think this helped TREMENDOUSLY with my soreness the next couple of days--so word to the wise--after you run a long race, keep moving!)
First off we headed for Alamo Square Park to see the "Painted Ladies" (aka the Full House houses).




After that, we headed down to the Marina to check out the sailboats and stroll along the bay.

The Oklahoma Girls headed out super early, while College Roomie and I bummed around the hotel, I went to St. Peter and Paul's Cathedral for a little quiet time (totally am an idiot and forgot to put the memory card in my camera, so no pictures!), and then we had one last lunch with Gonzaga Friend before heading to the airport.
First off we headed for Alamo Square Park to see the "Painted Ladies" (aka the Full House houses).
Then it was time to take a couple of our traditional "We bleed orange" photos!
We took lots of pictures--including a fun little photo shoot. Anyone recognize these trees? Think Full House theme song---picnic in the park---cool, huh?


And, because the girls are good sports, they let me practice my person photography skills, which I hardly ever get to do! Lucky for me, my best friends are freaking gorgeous and make it easy!
From there, we hit up Fisherman's Wharf, where the other girls did some shopping, and College Roomie and I met up with one of my friends, who you all know as Little Yao Ming's mom! Of course, Little Yao Ming came to see Aunt Tiffany too.
By then, it was time for the last supper so we were off to North Beach. I had run literally across the City and then walked around a good chunk of it! And I was feeling it. I'm not a girl who takes medicine---ever---but I totally made a pre-dinner stop at Walgreens for some pain killers!
Fortunately, the mixture of drugs, drinks and yummy Italian food cured what ailed me. :)
The girls and I met up with Georgia Boy at my favorite Italian place in San Francisco....Pinocchio's Trattoria in North Beach. I know I keep saying this, but it was the perfect night. Great drinks (including the first one I ordered not because I liked the drink...I didn't particularly...but it was called "Screw Love" and I had to say it to the waiter), amazing homeade pastas (homeade gnocci and chicken covered in a gorgonzola sauce), amazing conversations with some of my favorite people (Georgia Boy got lots of "So, you're a guy, explain this..." questions).....I couldn't have asked for a better night.
And then, it was time to pack our bags and get ready to leave the next day. Always the worst part of our Girls Weekend trips.
For the handful of you (i.e. the girls who went on the trip!) who are not completely sick of hearing about this trip....stay tuned tomorrow for my final wrap-up post!
From North Beach with stomachs full enough to pop....
From North Beach with stomachs full enough to pop....
Xoxo,
Gossip Girls!
4 comments:
Congrats on your race-but holy cow at that blister!! Love your pictures-looks like y'all had an awesome time!! Have a great day! xoxo
I'll never get tired of hearing about this trip. Best trip ever!
BOKG
You ladies look so cute and like you had an amazing trip. I'm sure all the CA people loved you! I would LOVE to have you guest post for me I will shoot you an email :)
Looks like such an awesome trip!
I can't believe the size of your blister! OUCH!
Post a Comment