Sunday, August 21, 2011

Photos of the Week: Week 33

Well I am going to get this post up on Sunday...but barely! I finally had nowhere to go for a weekend and just stayed in town and tried to get a few things done....you know...paying bills, laundry, cleaning...those unfun things that I put aside while I'm traveling! You guys may be sick of pictures from my San Francisco trip....but there were so many good shots and I took several with this week's themes in mind, so here we go!



Theme: Green Yellow (Project 64)

As soon as I saw this week's color, I knew that I'd be using a picture of grapes from Napa. I loved this shot because the grapes were nestled in among the leaves and the sun shining on the vines was beautiful. Check out the other entries at Project 64.



Theme: Show Off Your Shot

This was one of my favorite shots from San Francisco. It's of the "Full House houses" at Alamo Square Park. I love the contrast--the cute, old-world Victorian houses up against the backdrop of American skyscrapers. Go over to "And then she snapped" and check out the other shots that people entered this week!



Theme: Brands

I had seen this theme on the list and knew I wanted to take a picture of our brand on our cows for it. I played with lots of different ideas, but ended up getting this shot while standing in the bed of the pickup counting cows with my dad when the girls were all lined up eating out of a trough. That's our brand....D6 Bar on the left hip.



Theme: Bokeh
I absolutely love "brokeh" shots. When I first started taking pictures and doing photo challenges, this was the one shot I wanted to learn how to take. I got this one in Napa and really liked it--the focus on the red flowers with all the grape vines in the distance worked out really well! Be sure to go see the other entries at Live Every Moment on Friday.



Theme: Daydream/Dreaming (Quotography)
I've got to tell you, this theme threw me for a loop. I almost didn't do an entry this week. But I decided a few minutes ago to just google qoutes and see if I could find anything. When I saw this quote by Ashley Smith, I knew I had the perfect photo to go with it! Be sure to check out the other quotes and photos at My Perspective!

11 comments:

Jenn - Shutter Happy Moments said...

That is one awesome quote you used. I loved the last phrase - Fight for your Dreams.

Anonymous said...

loving the quote

Michelle said...

Love the quote! Lots of great pretty shots! :)

Jan n Jer said...

Great shots of your trip! Love the quote too1

Nicolasa @ {My}Perspective said...

This one was tough for me too! I love the quote you selected!

kayerj said...

love your quote this week--and the brand, what a fun shot. kaye—the road goes ever ever on

Unknown said...

Your bokeh is very nicely done!

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

Great shots...love that red rose and the bokeh!!!

Tara said...

I love your bokeh shot!! So so pretty!

Lisa said...

All your shots are great choices. Love the grapes for P64. I play along with that one and Quotography. I really like your quote/photo combination. Perfect for the topic.

Ray said...

Nice shots.